Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for a talented and experienced Product Manager to own a set of innovative products and tools aimed at customers of Twilio Phone Numbers business unit, from developers, to small businesses, to some of the world’s largest enterprises. You will set the vision and guide the development for a team at the heart of Twilio’s business, based in San Francisco, CA. Your team team owns, builds, and operates the services that power Twilio apps, and world-renowned products from major airlines, Uber, to Zendesk, to the products of thousands of innovative startups.
- You have demonstrated success in product management for both small and large organizations
- You work well with engineering to consistently and predictably deliver great products to a growing market by managing the backlog and organizing sprints
- You prioritize delivery, ensuring that iterative development leads to successful customer experience with a focus on clearly defined customer value ships
- You represent your customers’ perspectives. You plan for how they will be impacted by the services you build, and you always work to enable their success. You advocate for a larger scope when it reduces the complexity of your users.
- You are a strategic thinker and thrive when operating in a broad scope and ambiguity
- You distill complex and unclear situations into actionable plans for your team
- You are a fluent technical translator. You present technical complexity in approachable terms based on your audience. You work closely with customers, technical teams, and non-technical collaborators.
- You are data-savvy and have used various visualization tools such as Looker or Tableau
- You’ve used various tools such as JIRA, Trello, or other sprint management tools
- You’ve used REST APIs to construct services that enable a platform for scale
- 2+ years experience as a product manager
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent experience
As Product Manager, you will:
- Own your product vision. Define what your services will accomplish, prioritize their features, and craft your user experience. Deliver an experience that enables contact center administrators to intuitively leverage Twilio’s services and to build their customized contact center.
- Represent your product roadmap and business metrics to Twilio’s technology executives and to product teams across the company
- Engage with our largest customers, other product managers, and cross-functional teams to design, deliver, and support solutions that make our customers successful. Whiteboard technical implementation, iterate on wireframes and gather feedback from active customers.
Twilo’s Phone Number business unit lies at the heart of the Twilio’s strategic priorities. In this role you will empower the world’s leading and most innovative companies who rely on Phone Numbers products, as well as Twilio itself, which powers Twilio Flex, Twilio’s suite of voice and messaging products Voice. You will be a visible leader and would work closely with teams at every layer of the company. Your success will deliver great customer experiences at major brands around the world (Twilio’s customers), and you will enable them to deliver better services to their customers.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks and drinks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, monthly All Hands and more.
You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice, and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 800 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Malmö, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.