Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio SendGrid is an industry-disrupting, cloud-based customer communication platform that solves the challenges of reliably delivering emails on behalf of our customers. We deliver over 45 billion emails a month for more than 250,000 customers, including some of the biggest global companies like Ebay, Airbnb, Spotify, and Uber.
We are seeking a talented and motivated Product Manager to lead our Account Model & Billing teams and enable Twilio SendGrid to support customers across all of our product lines.
Twilio is looking for a product leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of managing complex products. They also have:
- 2+ years of experience in Product Management. Preferably with a Computer Science or Economics degree.
- Strong Customer Focus: To seek deep understanding of target customers to understand their problems, and arrive at elegant solutions to those problems.
- Strategic View: To absorb multiple internal and external inputs and use that information to define product strategy, prioritize the backlog, and make difficult priority calls based on data and analysis.
- Tenacious Drive for Outcomes: To convey problem statements and solutions to engineering with credibility and conviction, and drive highly productive outcomes across the scrum teams you lead.
- Cross Functional Leader Mindset: To communicate clearly and crisply, to pull the right levers cross-functionally to get your products launched and supported, and to develop trusting relationships internally that can rally the entire organization to ensure your product achieves intended business outcomes.
As a Product Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Understand your target users through interviews to understand their problems, and validate solutions to their problems.
- DRAW THE OWL: Navigate the problem space complexity to manage the opportunity backlog and planning for quarterly roadmaps for Account Model & Billing program.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Work cross-functionally to ensure engineering projects are successfully launched and achieve intended business goals.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Communicate your projects internally to stakeholders within the company, to our customers, and to our partners..
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment and discretion in evaluating opportunities, communicating prioritization decisions, and delivering projects via a Scaled Agile development process.
The Account Model and Billing teams are central to Twilio SendGrid’s continued product growth. We work closely with all product teams to enable the ability for our customers to use and pay for new products and features. We lead all aspects of identifying, evaluating, and executing changes to the way we help our customers manage their Twilio SendGrid accounts across products, support existing or new business models, and ensure customers have a smooth and consistent payment experience.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 1801 California St. in Denver, CO. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, access to our building fitness center, monthly All Hands and more.
You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice, and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 800 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Malmö, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.