Twilio offers an amazing platform for building the future of communications. But too many of our potential customers haven’t heard our story. The Director of Demand Generation is a key role in Marketing, setting the strategy for multi-channel, multi-step campaigns that feed our fast-growing sales army. The perfect candidate will be able to understand how customers use Twilio, walk in their shoes, and think critically about how they experience Twilio’s brand.
About the job:
- You will define the strategy for generating our sales pipeline, deciding how to propel prospects through the buyer’s journey of awareness, consideration, decision, success, and post-sale expansion.
- You will manage a team of 4 talented professionals who own campaigns, marketing automation, marketing tech, and marketing operations.
- You will partner with Sales, learning from SDR and AE feedback and monitoring pipeline coverage to redirect resources as needed.
- Design, plan, and manage integrated campaigns that reach both developer and business leader personas to generate winnable pipeline.
- Improve strategy continuously by measuring performance and cost per acquisition, adjusting the channel mix and messages as necessary.
- Create and manage a budget that meets company goals for pipeline growth.
- Hire and manage a high-performing team plus contractors and vendors.
- Manage a regular “pipeline council” between Marketing and Sales to ensure any shortages are addressed proactively.
- Ensure consistent message, voice, and experience across campaigns.
- Work closely with product marketing and developer evangelists to source impactful content for campaigns. Coordinate with design team to produce visually exciting assets such as videos, guides,and infographics.
- Oversee the team’s martech strategy, owning vendor choices and our strategy for maintaining a clean and valuable contact database.
- 10+ years experience spanning marketing, demand gen, and marketing operations
- 5+ years experience managing a high-performance team
- Organized and methodical approach, with critical-thinking skills.
- Passionate about marketing best practices and emerging channels.
- Track record of success juggling requests from multiple stakeholders.
- Concise verbal and written skills. Able to distill key takeaways quickly.
- Nice-to-haves: Experience with Eloqua, Google Analytics or Mixpanel, Looker or Heap.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice, and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 800 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Malmö, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Want to learn more about Twilio? Visit Twilio's website.
Jobs You May Like
Regional Affiliate Marketing Specialist
Content Marketing Lead
Shopify, Berlin, Germany
Web Growth and Marketing Strategist
Bench, Vancouver HQ
Business Development Manager
Qventus, Mountain View, CA
Getaround, Washington DC
Jr. Offline Marketing Manager