Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking a Developer Evangelism Manager for North America who can help us inspire the developers who will build the future of communications. This leader will craft and execute a strategy that defines how Twilio builds relationships with the community in North America. This cross-functional role will play an important part in driving the success of Twilio's overall developer relations strategy.
- You put the needs of the people you serve first, helping them develop and perform as highly as possible. You take pride in helping those you serve get the spotlight.
- Comfortable with building using at least one programming language stack. You've built things yourself and know what it's like to commit to a repo and ship a release.
- Ability to envision and create new ways of serving developers. Never settling and inspiring people to follow you to build.
- Organization is a key to your success and you can formulate plans but also have the agility to pivot when plans need to change.
- Not afraid to be involved with the day to day operations to turn vision into reality.
- As an active member of the community, you understand how it is organized and where there are opportunities for leadership. You have opinions about how a brand can authentically engage and build relationships.
As an Evangelism leader, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Articulate a long term strategy for growing engagement between developers in North American and Twilio.
- DON’T SETTLE: Define annual team priorities and measures of success. Ensure those priorities align with the broader Developer Network and Marketing team priorities. Regularly report on progress toward priorities measures both down to your individual contributors, as well as up to leadership.
- BE AN OWNER: Define and lead annual and quarterly planning process including budget spend and community sponsorship planning. Execution of sponsorship processing and event logistics.
- DON'T SETTLE: Help employees grow through career development, coaching and mentoring while guiding contributors to maximize their potential. Perform hiring and onboarding functions for new Evangelist roles.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Developer Evangelists inspire and equip developers by going to their programming language and geographic communities. We work with our peers across the Developer Network to collectively guide, amplify and rally developers. We introduce them to Twilio, help them get their projects shipped, build strong end enduring friendships with them and help them take the spotlight.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're committed to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
Based in any major US metro area. You will be given the ability to work from a local Twilio office, co-work with others or work from home. While the Developer Network operates as a remote friendly, globally distributed team we also believe that part of leading a distributed team is going to where your team is serving developers in real life. This means you should be comfortable traveling 25-50% of your time.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Globally, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice, and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 800 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Malmö, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Want to learn more about Twilio? Visit Twilio's website.
See jobs at CipherHealth