Staff Software Engineer - Events Platform
Twilio, Denver, Colorado, United States
See jobs at Twilio
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. We are looking for a passionate Staff Software Engineer to join a fast-paced Events Platform Team and solve some of the highest scale engineering problems at Twilio. In this position, you will be responsible for developing and operating distributed systems providing customers with event data about their Twilio interactions and usage. Our programmatic Events Streams product provides data leveraging a variety of technologies such as Kinesis/Kafka and is built using Kubernetes and AWS cloud infrastructure.
Twilio is looking for a Staff Software Engineer who lives the Twilio Magic and has:
- 7+ years experience as a SWE focused on distributed systems, performance, managing large scale infrastructure programs.
- Experience in three or more of the following languages: C, C++, Go, Java, Scala, C#, Perl, or Python
- Experience in writing, testing, reviewing, deploying, and maintaining code.
- Experience building APIs and data delivery mechanisms for applications such as web dashboards, alerting & health systems, mobile applications, and third party integrations
- Experience working on the AWS stack (EC2, EKS, Kinesis, MSK(Kafka), Dynamo, SQS, S3, Kinesis etc)
- Experience with high-scale distributed systems
- Ability to design and manage CI / CD pipelines (Jenkins, Buildkite etc.)
- Advanced ability to craft clear and concise documentation
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE INCLUSIVE: Work in a small, high-impact, diverse team
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Bring in your expertise and experience to empower the your team and make things better in all aspects
- DRAW THE OWL: Collaborate with the team to tackle complex problems in distributed computing
- BE AN OWNER: Build and operate your team's services in a production environment leveraging a DevOps model; Ensure quality by writing unit, integration, and load tests. Participate in team on-call rotation.
- DON’T SETTLE, RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Constantly look for areas of improvement in processes, system and optimize. Be an advocate for balancing tech debt and feature development
- Design and implement various initiatives, scalable infrastructure solutions that meet Twilio’s high scalability & performance needs
- Perform detailed and thoughtful peer code reviews
- Help building Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery on managed AWS services
- Develop monitoring & alerting solutions that keeps our system’s health in check
- Internalize the set of good habits (development techniques, test driven development, load and performance testing, security, tech debt balance, Agile discipline etc.) that drives high-end engineering excellence
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world's telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world's most demanding applications. Twilio's Event Platform teams are responsible for aggregating and streaming events to power the Programmable Communications Cloud and Engagement Cloud products. We do this by ensuring our data pipelines remain healthy, provides the coverage and capabilities customers require and operates in a cost-efficient manner.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our Denver office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice, and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 800 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Malmö, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Want to learn more about Twilio? Visit Twilio's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineering Manager I (Marketplace)