Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking a Developer Evangelism Manager for the Asia Pacific region who can help us inspire and equip the developers who will build the future of communications. In this role you will split your time between "coach", managing day-to-day operations, performance and career growth of a team of Evangelists building relationships with developers in Asia, and "player", directly serving developers in Singapore through community event participation and content creation. As part of the Developer Network, this role will play an important part in driving the success of Twilio overall developer relations strategy to assemble and activate a diverse and inclusive global network of millions of developers who will build the future of communications.
This role reports to the Head of Developer Evangelism and will be based in Singapore.
- You put the needs of the people you serve first, helping them develop and perform as highly as possible. You have 1-3 years+ of experience directly managing a team and you take pride in helping those you serve get the spotlight.
- Comfortable with building using at least one programming language stack. You've built things yourself and know what it's like to commit to a repo and ship a release.
- Ability to envision, and execute new programs which introduce Twilio brand, products and community to developers, inspiring them to follow you to build.
- Organization is a key to your success and you can formulate plans but also have the agility to pivot when plans need to change.
- Not afraid to lead the way with the day to day tactics to accomplish your team's goals.
- As an active member of the community, you understand how it is organized and where there are opportunities for you and your team to serve as leaders in it. You have opinions about how a brand can authentically engage and build relationships with developers in a community.
We encourage candidates who have served or participated in underrepresented developer communities to apply, as this aligns closely to our values and priorities.
All candidates must have excellent reading comprehension, listening, and writing skills in English. Language proficiency in Bahasa Indonesia, Mandarin Chinese, or Korean is a bonus.
As a Developer Evangelism Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DRAW THE OWL: Represent the perspective and unique needs of developer communities in the APJ region as part of broader Developer Relations planning processes.
- BE AN OWNER: Define a plan to maximize the use of your team's resources to achieve a set of annual objectives. Partner with regional Marketing peers to collaborate cross-functionally on marketing programs. Monitor and regularly report on progress toward objectives both down to your individual contributors as well as up to leadership.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Define and manage processes for planning and communicating quarterly team content creation and event organization, participation and sponsorship goals. Assist in maintaining accurate budget plans.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Provide day-to-to-day guidance to employees to enable them understand and maximize contributions toward team objectives. Facilitate employees professional growth through career development, coaching and mentoring while guiding senior contributors to maximize their potential.
- DON'T SETTLE: Perform hiring and onboarding functions for new Evangelist roles in the Asia-Pacific region.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. The Developer Network is the team at Twilio whose mission is to catalyze the network of developers who will build the future of communications and is composed of five teams that work closely with one another. Developer Evangelists inspire and equip developers by going to the language-centric and geographic communities where developers gather. Developer Educators challenge and empower developers by crafting world-class docs and training. Twilio Champions encourage and amplify developers by cultivating a core community of Twilio developers. Developer Voices prompt and rally developers by enabling them to get their code on the Twilio blog. Twilio Startups inspire tens of thousands of startup founders, and to help them scale their businesses through our startup focused program. Together, these teams introduce developers to Twilio, help them get their projects shipped, build strong end enduring friendships with them and help them take the spotlight.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This is a position based in Singapore. You have the ability to work from our local Twilio office or work from home. While the Developer Network operates as a remote friendly, globally distributed team we also believe that part of leading a distributed team is going to where your team is serving developers in real life. This means you should be comfortable traveling 25-50% of your time.
We also believe that in order to do this job well, you need a balanced work and home life. We offer generous PTO. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice, and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 800 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Malmö, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Want to learn more about Twilio? Visit Twilio's website.
Today, our mission is simple: Empower independent business owners to dream big.