Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Head of Product, Data Backbone who will be responsible for working with cross team partners to provide a strategy and technology roadmap to grow and scale the data architecture and analytics platform for Twilio as a whole. They will also own the product definition and workflows to help to continue to automate and operationalize the systems for scale and efficiency while supporting growing business needs. They will have a track record of providing innovative solutions, including but not limited to self service and automation to support scalable Data architectures and data definitions. Must be a strong, hardworking, results-oriented leader who can prioritize, values the customer, is innovative as well as quantitative, can communicate clearly and will bring a consistent history of delivery. The role requires creative product delivery balanced with high quality and customer focus for solutions with business relevance.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a proven track record of leading data architecture products in a hyper growth organization.
- 5 + years experience building and leading teams
- Previous experience building and scaling robust data platforms
- 10+ years of hands on product and/or engineering experience
- Leading large scale data projects
- Providing metrics and return on investment for end to end stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
As a Head of Data Backbone and Architecture, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DRAW THE OWL: Extensive experience in large scale, SaaS data architecture and data platform environments.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Track record of providing innovative solutions and adoption of data architectures and scalable Data Platforms for data-intensive architectures.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Strong, hardworking, results-oriented leader.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Values the customer, is innovative as well as quantitative, can communicate clearly and will bring a consistent history of delivery
The Data Backbone and architecture team is central to Twilio's growing data business operations strategy and will provide cross organizational support in scaling our data backbones and platform, enabling the BI team and providing the platform for Twilio Product and Business Data Science and Analytics teams.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our San Francisco office (or remote within the United States). Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice, and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 800 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Malmö, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Want to learn more about Twilio? Visit Twilio's website.
File hosting service