Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking a Product Designer to design customer experiences for our Video-related products. In this role, you will collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to discover, define, and design experiences that give developers and businesses around the world the ability to create communication applications. The ideal candidate will be a designer who takes a holistic, human-centered approach to design, an advocate of our customer-informed process, and a supporter and active contributor to our inclusive-by-default Design System.
Twilio is seeking a Product Designer who:
- Has a proven user-centered design workflow that comprises: research, design, prototyping, presentation, sharing and soliciting feedback, user testing, influencing key decision making, and collaborative handoffs with developers.
- Can share a portfolio with beautiful, usable, straightforward, and lovable designs that demonstrates technical product thinking and an understanding of user-centered design methodologies.
- Has a demonstrated advocacy for design and research methodologies, and has experience running quantitative and qualitative research, such as usability testing, analysis, interviews, and field studies.
- Holds a passion for feedback and the ability to provide useful and constructive feedback to peers of all levels.
- Experience designing and evolving enterprise application software in a fast-past environment.
- 4+ years of industry experience and a related degree or equivalent experience in UX, Design, HCI, Information Management, Psychology, or Anthropology.
As a Designer on the Voice & Video team, you will live our Magic Values, and be able to:
- Wear the Customer’s Shoes + Write it Down: Engage with our developer community to understand their needs, and design products and workflows to unlock their potential. Articulate the customer problem and success metrics, and gain alignment with partners on your approach to testing, learning, and iterating on a solution.
- Draw the Owl: Navigate ambiguity through a scientific approach - stating hypotheses, testing, learning and adapting.
- Don’t Settle: Collaborate with other Product Designers in elevating our standards. Participate in Design Critiques to ensure consistency across Twilio products. Advocate for more efficient processes and higher standards across the UX organization.
- No Shenanigans + Be Inclusive: Remain open, transparent, and inclusive while sharing work at various stages of the process, proactively inviting diverse (and potentially contrary) inputs in your design process, and remaining humble while asking for and providing useful and constructive feedback to peers of all levels.
The Voice & Video platform delivers product experiences spanning the end user, developer and enterprise operator. It is the mission of the Voice and Video Experience Team to deliver a cohesive and consistent experience throughout the customer life-cycle. Product Design plays a key role in our journey to build elegant experiences for our more than 2 million global customers, including rider-to-driver calling in Uber’s mobile app, complex contact center agent desktops at ING Bank, in-app video to connect doctors and patients for Doctor on Demand, and much more.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 1801 California St. in Denver, CO. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, access to our building fitness center, monthly All Hands and more.
You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role hired in Colorado.
$99,840 - $137,280
Rest of Colorado:
$87,360 - $120,120
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice, and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 800 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Malmö, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Want to learn more about Twilio? Visit Twilio's website.
Our cornerstone is knowledge of the home, family, food and lifestyle markets.