Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking a Staff, Software Engineer (L4). In this role, you will be responsible for the infrastructure code that detects and interprets signals of user behavior across product lines. You will work on a passionate team, tackling new problems as we continue to push our technology forward. You will design, test, deploy and maintain software solutions that solve customers’ problems at-scale. You will have the opportunity to help shape architectural solutions that enable us to achieve our goal of building and constantly improving scalable services that detect user behavior.
Twilio is looking for a software engineer who lives the Twilio Magic and also has the following competencies:
- Typically, 8 or more years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of experience and education
- 5 or more years working on one or more object oriented language, preferably Golang
- Proficient working with AWS services
- Expert in automating solutions for operational reliability such as monitoring solutions and build pipelines
- Proven ability to work independently towards troubleshooting complex technical issues in the team
- Designed complex large scale services, using the appropriate technologies to meet requirements of service
As a Software Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Write down your solutions where pertinent. These are particularly helpful for organizing thoughts during technical discussions.
- DRAW THE OWL: Be creative about implementations and solutions to complex problems.
- BE AN OWNER: Lead or assist in all aspects of the development lifecycle.
- BE BOLD: Be bold about proposing solutions to complex problems.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact extensively across the various development teams.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment and discretion in everyday work.
The team you will work on is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with stakeholders and product teams to design and implement the infrastructure that helps detect behavioral signals from users that can be applied towards the early detection and prevention of abuse.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role hired in Colorado.
Rest of Colorado:
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice, and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 800 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Malmö, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Want to learn more about Twilio? Visit Twilio's website.
Beautiful event websites
Jobs You May Like
Senior/Staff+ Software Engineer, Developer Experience
Flexport, San Francisco, CA, Bellevue, WA, Chicago, IL