Principal Software Engineer - Data Analytics (L5)
Twilio, Irvine, California, United States
See jobs at Twilio
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Principal Engineer, Data Analytics, to join the Email Platform BU. This will be a senior level position and your responsibility will be to partner with Architects and engineering teams to define strategies and implement strategies for delivering end-to-end data processing and persistence solutions that deliver high performance architectures at a very large scale.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic. They also have:
- Must have the ability to architect structured and unstructured data models in a way that meets stringent performance, privacy, security, and data integrity requirements around extra large data sets (on order of 15+ billion per day).
- Strong experience in programming languages and various technologies such as : distributed storage, stream analytics, lambda architecture, Relational, KV, Document Store.
- Experience with complex application data flows and proven ability to bridge the gap between technical and business application requirements.
- Demonstrated track record of designing and delivering secure and cost efficient big data processing solutions.
- Experience with distributed query engines.
- Operational experience: demonstrated ability to deliver fault tolerant, high available, and maintainable, systems in distributed large scale environments.
- Ability to articulate and present vision to both technical and non technical stakeholders.
- Experience with Kubernetes and container orchestration technologies is a plus.
- Machine learning experience is a plus.
As a Principal Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DRAW THE OWL: You will lead and guide teams in determining the appropriate technologies, structuring of data, and workflows in support of high scale big data queries and storage.
- DON’T SETTLE: You will partner with Sr Architects and stakeholders to ensure all technology solutions align with product, security, and architecture long term vision and roadmap.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: You must be a strong team leader. You enjoy mentoring and collaboration across engineering and product teams.
- BE AN OWNER: Ensure the successful delivery of projects from vision, through execution, and reliable, dependable, scalable, operations.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Your team will ship reliable features, at scale, that deliver the most value to your customers. You will get to know your customers and walk in their shoes. You will partner with Product to understand customers’ challenges, see opportunities, craft solutions, and lead the team to deliver the right value.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Constantly look for areas of improvement in systems, processes, and optimize. Be an advocate for balancing tech debt and feature development
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure customer trust and service reliability remain at the forefront of our priorities
- BE BOLD: Be creative, take your own initiative at the organizational level and solve some of our most challenging problems
The Email Platform produces more than 15 Billion events/day! Continuing to evolve our platform to enable additional product offerings that provide deep insights around the health of their email program is critical to our customers and the success of their business.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
$146,240.00 - $182,800.00
Rest of Colorado:
$127,960.00 - $159,950.00
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice, and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 800 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Malmö, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Want to learn more about Twilio? Visit Twilio's website.
German engineered blades and shaving cream online for a fair price