Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
The Infrastructure Engineering team is building a world-class platform for Twilio’s developers. Our mission is to provide every Twilio engineer with the tools they need to quickly build reliable, scalable, and secure products. This team is leading the expansion of our datacenter footprint into the EU. The successful candidate will be responsible for design, implementation, and management of datacenter infrastructure management and automation software.
Twilio is looking for an infrastructure software engineer who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of creating software and systems to manage the full lifecycle of a dynamic globally deployed compute footprint. They also have:
- An understanding of computer science fundamentals and practical experience developing distributed systems.
- A passion for automation and DevOps--blending operational excellence with development best practices.
- Deep familiarity with Linux (CentOS/RHEL preferred), bash scripting, service configuration and management.
- Proficiency with one or more programming languages. Go, Ruby, Python are preferred.
- Experience creating declaritive APIs to manage physical infrastructure in a hybrid cloud environment.
- Past development projects involving backend databases or interacting with other systems via API.
- Experience with troubleshooting and repair of server hardware (Dell or HP a plus.) Use of diagnostic tools and physically replacing components.
- Hands on operational experience in a data center facility. Installation of equipment in racks, attaching connections to power and network infrastructure. Ability to coordinate these activities remotely via remote hands services.
- Experience providing infrastructure as a service using configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, CFEngine, etc.
As an infrastructure software engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: You’ll be managing infrastructure and systems alongside teams in North America. Written communication and instructions are key for consistency and efficiency.
- DON’T SETTLE: Strive for excellence in your work, going above and beyond the minimum requirements to build high-quality tools and services for our customers.
- BE AN OWNER: Take pride in your and your team’s work and build systems that are maintainable in the future with minimal tech debt.
- EMPOWER OTHERS and BE INCLUSIVE: A great teammate that strives to hear all perspectives and ideas. Seek to help others grow in their knowledge and experience.
The Infrastructure Engineering team is central to Twilio's Platform strategy. The ecosystem of tools that you will create and support are the foundation for the Platform team’s data center services. In order to maintain our leadership position in the customer engagement space we must continue to create innovative services that support our developers and allow them to confidently deploy code to best for purpose environments. You will partner with some of the brightest minds in the industry to push the boundaries of web-scale service delivery.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Dublin office or remotely in Ireland.
Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice, and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 800 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Malmö, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Want to learn more about Twilio? Visit Twilio's website.
German engineered blades and shaving cream online for a fair price