Staff, Software Engineer - Continuous Delivery
Twilio, San Francisco, CA, United States
See jobs at Twilio
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and Platform Engineering is growing with it. Our organization provides all Twilio engineers with compelling, continuously improving, cloud-scale development platforms–freeing our engineers to focus solely on their products and their customers. We are focused on Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery at enterprise scale.
The Continuous Delivery team is seeking a Staff Software Engineer to develop our software and infrastructure deployment systems to scale with Twilio’s growth. The continuous deployment systems are essential to developer efficiency as well as incident reduction. If you are deeply passionate about enabling Twilio engineers, and love solving sophisticated infrastructure problems with software, you are probably a great fit for our team.
Twilio is looking for a developer who lives The Twilio Magic and has experience developing and operating Platforms at enterprise scale.
This role may be a good mutual match if:
- You are enthusiastic about developer platforms for continuous delivery of software and infrastructure changes.
- You have a passion for automation engineering and enabling repeatable and reliable success for other developers.
- You are an experienced software engineer that is passionate, empathetic and focused on team success.
- You have experience working with infrastructure as code platforms and can recognize common best practices and antipatterns.
- You are able to develop a strong technical and architectural vision, and have a demonstrated ability to communicate, advocate, and execute that vision.
- You have demonstrated experience mentoring junior engineers, and teaching proven practices that help teams grow.
- You have ownership experience in a large-scale, enterprise environment, leading teams which build and operate mission-critical PaaS or SaaS products.
- You have experience developing, debugging and scaling distributed systems on a flavor of Unix.
- You have 5+ years relevant work experience, or a degree supplemented with relevant experience in the field.
- You have experience working with AWS, Terraform Cloud and/or Kubernetes.
As a Staff Software Engineer in Continuous Delivery, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: You own services from end to end. You care just as much about customer experience as you do about operational maturity and scalability.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: You empower customers and the team alike. You empower customers by understanding their needs and advocating for them. You empower the team by raising the bar and uplifting others.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: You can sift through countless competing requests and maintain focus on the highest priority. You enjoy breaking down complex problems to identify the most important work.
- DRAW THE OWL: You can lead the team through ambiguous problems, inviting collaboration and driving toward solutions. You champion meticulous, high quality engineering and you are a role model for software development habits and practices for distributed systems.
- WRITE IT DOWN: You demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication - ensure that complex ideas, thoughts, and vision can be communicated simply and effectively. You are expected to thrive in a highly collaborative environment.
The Twilio Technology Platform organization empowers every Twilio developer to be their best at Twilio. The Continuous Delivery team is dedicated to providing services that enable Twilio developers to deploy safely, confidently, and efficiently. In this way we contribute to Twilio’s top priority, Customer Trust.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position is in the US, either at a location that has a Twilio office, or remote. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice, and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 800 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Malmö, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Want to learn more about Twilio? Visit Twilio's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.