Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Software Engineer to be a part of a team of talented engineers who build and integrate services that continuously improve our ability to provide products to customers while simultaneously delivering industry leading availability. We do this by leveraging technologies that include AWS cloud infrastructure and APIs, Apache Kafka, Rest APIs, while also building our own services or contributing to open source projects.
Twilio is looking for an experienced Software Engineer who lives Twilio Magic to join our exceptionally talented and rapidly growing engineering team. As a platform engineer, you will design, architect, and build core platform services, REST APIs and help transition our platform to next generation architecture. We run on AWS cloud infrastructure and use AWS cloud data store, messaging services, MySQL, Redis, and Docker.
They also have:
- 5+ years of work experience building highly scalable products
- Strong experience with Java, Scala, or Python
- Strong experience building scalable software including distributed systems infrastructure, business logic for APIs or tooling to help debug mission critical applications
- Experience building and debugging high traffic messaging applications
- Excellent experience debugging and scaling production infrastructure and services
- Experience with Linux and Docker
- Understanding of AWS infrastructure or similar public cloud providers
- A tenacity for learning - curious, and constantly pushing the boundary of what is possible
- Mentored and led a team of engineers executing medium to large scale projects
- Pioneered and established engineering best practices
- Clear written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to manage and resolve conflict - you have the ability to listen, present, and question effectively
- Self drive - you take complete ownership of your tasks and champion efforts to get your tasks to completion
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience building and managing DevOps infrastructure
- A+ level debugging skills on production systems
- On call experience debugging mission critical systems
- Terraform knowledge
As a Software Engineer, you will you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Document technology decisions and implementations, and support epic and story refinement.
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify opportunities for improvement across both technology and process. Use your foresight and experience to keep our systems effectively running now and in the future through profiling, load testing, failure testing, monitoring and much more to have confidence in the robustness of the systems we deploy.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Collaborate to support strong team results and build effective working relationships.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Exhibit good priority and time management skills to support sprint commitments.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Lead or assist in all aspects of technology decisions, including strategy, efficiencies, open source offerings, and integration details. Champion meticulous, high quality engineering and be a role model for software development habits and practices for distributed systems.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact extensively across all functional teams within Twilio and encourage collaborative solutions.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment and transparency in all your communications and interactions. Use your advanced engineering, communication and organizational skills to ensure we deliver what the business wants and needs.
The Billing Pipeline is the heart of the Billing Platform and for its continued evolution. We work with Engineering Leadership and Architects to build, deploy, and release new features integral to our businesses’ plans for increased revenue, platform scalability and reliability, and excellent customer service. When engineers go fast, the company goes fast.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio
This position will be located remote in the United States. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice, and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 800 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Malmö, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Want to learn more about Twilio? Visit Twilio's website.
The social news and entertainment company.