Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. The Twilio Super Network simplifies, strengthens and unites carrier communication networks using software. We are looking for a talented and passionate principal product manager who is excited at the opportunity to lead the efforts of integrating our global IP network with Twilio’s product stacks. This role will be working with Super Network’s engineering teams and product and engineering teams of our programmable communication business units to define a platform that can support Twilio’s product offering. The Principal Product manager - Network Edge will gather requirements across the different business units and devise a vision and roadmap to deliver an integrated network platform.
Twilio is looking for a Principal Product Manager who lives the Twilio Magic and has:
- 7+ years of product management experience in the Telecommunication industry.
- Expertise of IP Networks, Telecommunication services, CPaaS or UcaaS industry preferred
- The ability to solicit and translate customer and technical requirements from many sources, prioritize, and partner with engineering and design across business units to deliver.
- Strong writing skills, for both product and engineering. You can communicate sophisticated matters concisely and clearly
- Experience in leading cross organization and cross functional products and projects
- Experience working with engineers to deliver software using Agile methodologies and lead solution design with engineering partners.
- Aptitude for working with teams in globally remote offices and syncing with colleagues around the world
- Desire to make an impact and thrive in collaborative, energetic team
- Analytical skills, ability to query complex data sets to make data driven decisions and insights
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
As a Principle, Product Manager you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DRAW THE OWL and BE AN OWNER: Understand product vision, business needs and industry trends to define platform requirements for our IP network and product architectural solutions.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Document and translate complex technical problems into easy to understand solutions. Communicating with other product managers, engineers and architects across the globe, from product vision to integration. Documenting and regularly representing your ideas across business units and upper management.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: You will take large, ill defined, and complex ideas and compose clearly articulated roadmaps and migration plans. Maintain product roadmap and architectural standards that assure platform development optimally align with business objectives.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: From broad, company-wide mission statements, you will need to work with your colleagues to align on vision and build a roadmap that we can execute.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Develop a clear point of view and influence the people around you, changing our course if necessary.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world's telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world's most demanding applications.
Twilio's Super Network team is responsible for providing and managing the telco connectivity and services that power the Programmable Communications Cloud and Engagement Cloud products. We do this by ensuring the network remains healthy, provides the coverage and capabilities customers require and operates in a cost-efficient manner. To support global expansion and ensure consistent quality of service, Twilio is investing in its global IP network. The Principal Product manager will work on enabling the programmable service stack on its network.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position is a remote role, anywhere in Europe. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice, and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 800 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Malmö, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Want to learn more about Twilio? Visit Twilio's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one