Staff Software Engineer - Voice & Video Insights
Twilio, Mountain View, CA, United States
See jobs at Twilio
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Staff Software Engineer to join the Voice & Video Insights team in developing groundbreaking capabilities in the communications industry, using cutting edge technologies to gain unprecedented visibility into communication networks worldwide as well as create predictive AI capabilities that make the Twilio platform more intelligent.
Twilio is looking for an engineer who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of developing horizontally-scalable, resilient and performing-under-load distributed systems in a production environment. They also have:
- A Bachelor's degree and 6+ years of experience with software development lifecycle and processes
- A proficient working knowledge of modern Java or Scala, preferably Scala.
- Experience developing and operating large-scale data pipelines demonstrating knowledge with technologies such as Spark, Kafka, ElasticSearch, Cassandra and SQL.
- Experience with and/or knowledge of IP networking and application-level protocols, including an understanding of end-end networks and factors affecting performance.
- Strong Distributed systems knowledge
- Well-versed in agile processes, continuous integration and test automation.
- Capable of operating from conception through continuous operation of 24x7 services. Ideally, you have experience in a production DevOps/DataOps environment.
- Hands-on experience with cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud or Azure is a plus.
- Nice to have - Machine learning experience
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills.
- Are curious, collaborative, humble and are a Doer.
As a Software Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE BOLD & DRAW THE OWL: At Twilio, product roadmaps are a team sport so you will work directly with Product and Engineering Management to define, architect, and build experiences. Engineers own production services end-to-end, so you will be deploying multiple times a week as part of an Agile process.
- BE AN OWNER: Own, operate, and maintain your team’s services in a production environment. Make DevOps a primary concern to ensure services are reliable, scalable, manageable and supportable.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Raise the bar on team performance. Enable feature velocity while maintaining quality by writing unit, functional, load and performance tests.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Contribute to the R&D roadmap for Voice & Video Insights, including continuous evaluation of industry standards, techniques, tools and trends. Ensure Twilio develops and maintains an industry competitive advantage.
- DON’T SETTLE: Excel as an engineer and be a productive member of the team where leadership is a behavioral trait, not a title.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. We do that by focusing relentlessly on building the most robust, programmable, customer-centric communications platform on the planet. The Programmable Voice & Video platform reaches more than two million developers globally.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Mountain View office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
To comply with Executive Order 14042, all Twilio employees working in the U.S. are required to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation / exemption. Employees onboarded after January 4, 2022 must submit proof of vaccination or receive approval for an exemption prior to their Twilio start date.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice, and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 800 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Malmö, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Want to learn more about Twilio? Visit Twilio's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.