Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Finance Manager to join our Data & Growth Platform FP&A team. This high-visibility role operates in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment, and the successful candidate must have the ability to work cross-functionally to consolidate our BU P&L and provide meaningful insights that drive business growth. As a Finance Manager, you will streamline and build sustainable and repeatable reporting for various FP&A processes such as month-end close and forecasts, quarterly earnings reporting, and annual planning. You will collaborate across the accounting and finance organizations to provide insights and visibility on the P&L to senior leadership, recommend process improvements, analyze budget versus actuals, and complete other ad hoc projects. As a Finance Manager, you must be able to operate successfully in an ambiguous environment with several stakeholders and differing opinions, strong interpersonal and communication skills are a must.
Twilio is looking for a data-driven and people-oriented Finance Manager who lives the Twilio Magic and has relevant finance experience in a high-growth, fast-paced collaborative team working environment.
We seek someone with:
- Minimum 5+ years finance experience, ideally in the Technology or Software/SaaS environment (not an absolute requirement).
- A humble, positive attitude and a team player mindset.
- Excels at managing multiple competing priorities, is eager to make an impact on the business, and works cross-functionally to tackle complex problems.
- Excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal skills with a high level of attention to detail and confidentiality when necessary; trust-building with stakeholders a must.
- Ability to analyze data, consolidate views, package and present it for Senior Leadership and C-level consumption.
- Understanding of GAAP accounting principles and procedures, coordinate and support month-end close processes, operational accounting procedures, and financial reporting.
- Identifies trends; resolves problems; determines system improvements.
- Takes pride in their work’s integrity, quality, and accuracy, is extremely detail-oriented and is comfortable asking questions.
- Experience with Anaplan, NetSuite, Tableau and other FP&A software, and gravitates towards automating manual processes.
- Ability to work autonomously, to meet tight deadlines and deliver results, and to thrive in a fast-paced environment under pressure.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
As a Finance Manager, Data & Growth Platform FP&A, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Be able to speak informatively to outcomes and trends in the operating P&L, manage the monthly close and forecast process, provide insights on and improve consolidations of actuals and forecasts; collaborate effectively with business partners to drive results.
- DRAW THE OWL: Proactively identify opportunities to improve, scale, and simplify finance tools and reporting across teams; develop scalable and efficient financial processes that support the business.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Interface with finance business partners, accounting teams, and the corporate FP&A team to provide clear and transparent insight. Identify key stakeholders and partner with them to automate reporting and processes; address pain points with innovative solutions.
- DON’T SETTLE: Partner with Accounting to understand timing and ensure accuracy of entries that impact the P&L, become a trusted source for providing financial insights and communications that are leveraged by Corp FP&A to report and pace business performance.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Understand the big-picture, think strategically and act tactically in an ambiguous environment; develop and provide reporting and analytics to help leadership make data-driven decisions.
Twilio is a complex, high-growth, and quickly evolving business. The Finance team is central to Twilio’s decision making process and the Data & Growth Platform FP&A team guides investment decisions to drive explosive, efficient growth for Twilio. As a Financial Manager, your ability to identify and communicate outcomes, opportunities and problems -- and more importantly, recommend a course of action -- will play a critical role in charting our BU’s future.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Tier 4 base salary range: $90,752 - $124,784
Rest of Colorado:
Tier 5 base salary range: $79,408 - $109,186
Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice, and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 800 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Malmö, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Want to learn more about Twilio? Visit Twilio's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.