Staff Software Engineer (L4), Segment Infrastructure
Twilio, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
See jobs at Twilio
At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. Unfortunately, most product managers, analysts, and marketers spend too much time searching for the data they need, while engineers are stuck integrating the tools they want to use. Segment standardizes and streamlines data infrastructure with a single platform that collects, unifies, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. That way, our customers can focus on building outstanding products and personalized messages for their customers, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We’re in the running to power the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market.
The Infrastructure Engineering group is central to Segment’s Platform strategy. The ecosystem of tools that your team creates and supports are the foundation for the services built by Product teams. In order to maintain our leadership position in the customer engagement space we must continue to build innovative services that support our developers in seamlessly delivering value to customers. You will partner with some of the brightest minds in the industry to push the boundaries of web-scale service delivery.
As a member of the Tooling team, you’ll help to empower our entire R&D organization. Alongside a diverse distributed Infrastructure group you’ll participate in building the next iteration of our service platform, ensure that our software development process iterates quickly, and that internal and external services are organized and well-administered.
What you’ll do
- Write software to automate everything from manual run-book processes to complete system provisioning
- Operate and improve our CI (Buildkite) environments and infrastructure tooling (Terraform, Atlantis) to make our build → test → deploy experience world-class
- Build the next version of Segment’s Service Platform (focused on deployment and observability) to support teams in deploying hundreds of services across a multi-region cloud environment
- Support teams working on large scale infrastructure processing millions of events per second and storing hundreds of TBs per month
- Participate in driving Segment as a market leader in the development of Open Source Software like kafka-go, chamber, kubeapply, etc.
What you’ll bring
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Software Engineer, Systems Administrator, Operations Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer, or another similar role
- A systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with good communication skills, sense of ownership, and drive
- Experience programming in one or more of the following: Go, Python, Node.js, Bash, or similar languages
- A proven grasp of Linux systems administration and programming concepts
We’re especially excited about candidates who:
- Have hands-on experience with container orchestration frameworks (e.g. Kubernetes, EKS, ECS)
- Are well-versed in deploying distributed workloads in an always-on production environment
- Have built and run applications on public cloud infrastructure, particularly Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Have lead teams, large projects, or been the owner of an important system
We encourage you to apply if this role excites you - even if you think you may not meet all of the qualifications. At Segment we live by four values: karma, drive, tribe and focus. We are always looking for outstanding individuals with diverse backgrounds and perspectives who embody these values. To learn more about life at Segment and our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, visit our LinkedIn page. We’re excited to meet you!
As a proud equal opportunity employer, we're committed to hiring top talent regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We don't just accept differences - we celebrate you being who you are for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
To comply with Executive Order 14042, all Twilio employees working in the U.S. are required to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation / exemption. Employees onboarded after January 4, 2022 must submit proof of vaccination or receive approval for an exemption prior to their Twilio start date.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice, and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 800 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Malmö, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Want to learn more about Twilio? Visit Twilio's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.