Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio-Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. Unfortunately, most product managers, analysts, and marketers spend too much time searching for the data they need, while engineers are stuck integrating the tools they want to use. Segment standardizes and streamlines data infrastructure with a single platform that collects, unifies, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. This empowers our customers to focus on building amazing products and create personalized experiences for their customers, while we take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. With an incredibly sticky product and minimal direct competition, we’re on track to be the driving force behind powering the entire customer data ecosystem, which brings us to you.
We are looking for a software engineer with mobile development experience to help craft high-performance and highly operable libraries and instrumentation projects that our rapidly growing user base will use at scale. We recently completed a full rewrite of our Android and iOS SDKs in Kotlin and Swift, and we are ready to innovate on the newly created Segment platforms.
Twilio is looking for a Software Engineer who lives the Twilio Magic. They also have:
- At least one years of engineering experience writing mobile apps for one of these platforms: iOS (Swift or Objective-C), Android (Java or Kotlin), or React-Native.
- Experience with object-oriented programming
- Nice to have: Understand mobile performance, energy, and architecture paradigms.
- Nice to have: Familiarity with both Android and iOS platforms.
- Nice to have: Maintaining and contributing to open source projects.
As a Software Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: You enjoy writing reusable libraries and SDKs
- EMPOWER OTHERS: You have a passion for making developers more productive and are keen to create tools that will do so
- DON’T SETTLE: You enjoy learning new technologies and developing for a plethora of different platforms.
- DRAW THE OWL: You are passionate about helping your team find scalable solutions to challenging technical problems.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: You know when it’s time to refactor and when it's time to ship.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: You enjoy contributing to open-source ecosystem
- WRITE IT DOWN & EMPOWER OTHERS: The ability to communicate well- in person, on paper, or in code. You can explain technical concepts to other engineers in support of your work
- BE INCLUSIVE: Empathy for your customers and teammates
The Libraries team builds software that brings more than a trillion events at greater than 1 million requests per second into the Segment business unit from millions of devices so that we can make rich data accessible to our customers. From startups to Fortune 100, businesses of all sizes rely on the Segment Platform to deliver data downstream into hundreds of streaming integrations and thousands of customer data warehouses. Instrumentation is the gateway to getting all data into Segment which enables us to deliver amazing digital customer experiences.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
$82,496 - $103,120
Rest of Colorado:
$72,184 - $90,230
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice, and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 800 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Malmö, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Want to learn more about Twilio? Visit Twilio's website.
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid