Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Data / Solutions Architect to become a member of the Corporate Data Analytics & Infrastructure (CDaX) organization with the focus on data engineering services based in the USA (remote). This will be a senior level position and your responsibility will be to help define strategies and deliver end-to-end data processing and persistence solutions that deliver high performance architectures at a very large scale.
Twilio is looking for a highly technical professional who lives the Twilio Magic and has a proven track record in multi-functional data driven initiatives. Additionally:
- Must have the ability to architect structured and unstructured data models in a way that meets stringent performance, privacy, security, and data integrity requirements around extra large data sets (on order of billions per day).
- Solid experience in programming languages and various technologies such as : distributed storage, stream analytics, lambda architecture, Relational, KV, Document Store along with understanding of databases, SQL, NOSQL, NEWSQL, is a must. Kubernetes and container orchestration is a plus. Databricks, Snowflake, Segmentation experience is desired.
- Experience with application data flows and ability to bridge the gap between technical and business application requirements, and translating business/technical concepts to clearly communicate and present to varying audiences.
- Knowledge of One or more data modeling tools, diagramming and artifact generation and presentation skills are required with understanding of software and data architecture patterns and anti-patterns with trade-offs is a must-have skill.
- Knowledge of TOGAF, ATAM or other architecture frameworks is a plus.
- Consistent record of designing and delivering secure and cost efficient big data processing solutions.
- Operational experience: demonstrable ability to deliver fault tolerant, highly available, and maintainable, systems in distributed large scale environments.
As a Data / Solutions Architect, you will live the Twilio Magic and:
- DRAW THE OWL: You will lead and guide teams in figuring out appropriate technologies, structuring of data, and workflows in support of high scale big data queries and storage.
- DON’T SETTLE: You will partner with Sr Architects and other engineers to ensure all technology solutions align with product, security, and architecture long term vision and roadmap.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: You must be a strong team leader. You enjoy mentoring and collaboration across engineering and product teams.
- BE AN OWNER: Ensure the successful delivery of projects from vision, through execution, and reliable, dependable, scalable, operations.
- BE INCLUSIVE: To achieve our goals, we need a diverse set of voices in the room. Build diverse teams, and seek out unique points of view..
Our platform processes Billions of events/day! Continuing to evolve the CDaX platform to enable additional product offerings that provide deep operational and analytical insights around the key metrics of business units is important to our customers and the success of their business.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world, and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Denver/Boulder Metro: $132,928.00-$166,160.00
Rest of Colorado:$116,312.00-$145,390.00
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
$65 per month work-from-home stipend
Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
To comply with Executive Order 14042, all Twilio employees working in the U.S. are required to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation / exemption. Employees onboarded after January 4, 2022 must submit proof of vaccination or receive approval for an exemption prior to their Twilio start date.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice, and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 800 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Malmö, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Want to learn more about Twilio? Visit Twilio's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.