See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Staff Technical Program Manager
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio is the world’s leading customer engagement platform empowering developers to build modern communication applications and experiences. We send over 3 billion emails on behalf of our customers on a daily basis. We seek an inspired and technical individual to join our email channel Technical Program Management team. As a Staff Technical Program Manager, you will lead highly complex programs and projects that develop and evolve systems and features that impact millions of users and their customers. If you are excited about leading programs and projects whose mission is to provide a delightful and trusted user experience at scale, you may be a fantastic fit.
In this role, you’ll:
- Lead Steering Committee meetings with key stakeholders for each project to help make key decisions, remove obstacles, and address key program issues
- Develop and execute internal operational processes at scale
- Lead and manage the successful delivery of high-impact and highly cross-functional program initiatives
- Help be an agent of change as we strengthen our Program Management across the organization
- Drive strategic cross-functional planning, leading discovery and prioritization by closely partnering with product managers, engineering leads, and stakeholders to develop program plans, including roadmap, dependency identifications, and resourcing plan
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 5+ years experience in technical program management or operational role
- BA/BS degree in engineering, computer science, or similar degree
- Have an ownership focus. Take responsibility for the successful completion of projects
- Ability to build strong relationships, collaborate, and communicate effectively across a variety of stakeholders, including execs
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Certification in Project Management or relevant discipline
- Experience in Agile Program Management
- Experience in establishing and driving the adoption of program frameworks, tools, and best practices
- Prefer experience with SaaS companies
This role will be fully remote
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $105,728 - $166,144.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice, and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 800 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Malmö, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Want to learn more about Twilio? Visit Twilio's website.
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid