See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Software Developer/DevOps
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to support continuous delivery of value to Twilio customers through automation, testing and instrumentation aimed at ensuring Twilio products achieve the health and performance our customers deserve. If you like hard scaling problems, architecting for resilience and managing customer experience through SLOs then the Observability Team will feel like home.
In this role, you’ll:
- You will architect, build, test, deploy and maintain a Twilio observability stack. Demonstrate your software engineering skills to build the future of observability for Twilio’s globally distributed, highly available products and services.
- Build distributed tracing and logging solutions which will cover internal customers requirements.
- Partner with Twilio’s platform engineering teams to provide the best possible usage experience, documentation and self-service for our customers.
- Build mission critical tooling to triage and mitigate incidents quickly for our customers.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 2-3 years Software Engineering, SRE or DevOps experience
- Experience in at least one of the backend programming language: Java, Python, C++, Go
- Expertise with infrastructure and application instrumentation
- Experience with microservice architectures
- Strong dislike of toil, seeks joy through automation of all the things
- Strong communicator fluent in written and verbal English
- Experience with building and operating a public cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.) is an advantage
This role will be based in our Tallinn, Estonia office at Veerenni 38
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice, and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 800 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Malmö, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Want to learn more about Twilio? Visit Twilio's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.