See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Commercial Financial Analyst.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to build deep cross-functional partnerships and to clearly and consistently articulate recommended courses of actions will determine your success.
You will partner with sales, sales operations, product managers, super network, pricing & packaging and the extended Twilio’s Finance team. You will have a significant impact in bringing Twilio’s core offerings and new innovations to market as you create and evaluate deal models, their impact to Twilio’s P&L and make recommendations on transactions and overall pricing & packaging strategies. Reporting to the Go to Market Finance Director (LATAM), you will have an important impact on how Twilio shapes strategic deals and continues to accelerate its international growth.
In this role, you’ll:
- Contribute to the design, delivery & development of deal metrics that report on regional trends including pricing, product win/loss insights and customer requests. Partner closely with the Pricing & Packaging team to strategize on new pricing, packaging and discounting initiatives. Maintain accurate product cost information and key deal fields needed for margin determination.
- Partner with Sales Operations to accelerate and remove friction from deal cycle via automation + process improvements while maintaining financial rigor and key controls
- Proactively facilitate deal reviews, manage escalations and debriefs. Deliver & deepen insights on driving responsible growth while navigating operational constraints & complexity. Drive decision making that aligns with company objectives.
- Interact extensively across key stakeholders & functional teams within Twilio and assist on ad hoc finance projects.
- Assess deal economics, recommend alternative deal structures and consistently evaluate/propose discounting levels. Understand key financial terms & conditions needed to support non-standard customer transactions while helping to realize product mix and regional financial targets.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Bachelor’s degree - particularly expertise in Economics, Business, Math or Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience in consulting, financial analysis, and/or pricing background preferred.
- Previous experience working with technology (software) companies is a plus.
- Strong analytical skill set including Excel, SFDC and Keynote/PPT.
- Self-starter; takes ownership of goals and works to meet or exceed them.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; able to build strong partnership with sales and cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and in a matrixed environment.
- Fluent understanding of P&L dynamics and unit economics.
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced and changing environment.
This role will be based in our São Paulo office.
Approximately 0% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice, and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 800 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Malmö, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Want to learn more about Twilio? Visit Twilio's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one