See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Senior Accountant
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed for a senior accountant to be a key contributor on our International Accounting team. Reporting to the International Accounting Manager in Dublin, Ireland, this position will ensure our fixed assets, prepayments, accruals, OPEX and other GL transactions are complete and accurate both in US GAAP and Local GAAP. It will also be a crucial role in ensuring that the company is compliant in regulatory filings and returns to the authorities. This role will partner internally with the Tax, AP & Global Accounting teams to understand what improvements can be made to our processes and anticipate accounting impacts. We are looking for an individual excited to bring their passion for process improvement to a collaborative, team-based working environment in a fast-growing company.
In this role, you’ll:
- Be an owner of: the month-end close processes; operational and accounting procedures; account reconciliation.
- Manage the local International Accounting process together with the BPO company.
- Oversee Fixed Asset, Prepayment and accrual OPEX controls.
- Reconcile Statutory to US GAAP comparison differences.
- Prepare monthly flux analysis of balance sheet and P&L.
- Manage compliance and co-ordinate regulatory filing.
- Recommend & implement Improvements in internal processes.
- Partner across multiple dept’s and geographies on global projects.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 5+ years relevant experience working in the Accounting and Tax area preferably at a fast growing Technology company.
- Strong experience of month-end close processes, operational and accounting procedures as well as account reconciliation.
- Experienced in supporting the external audit and Tax audit.
- Good knowledge of IFRS & US GAAP.
- Understanding of Local Statutory to US GAAP comparison difference.
- Good understanding of P2P, O2C and R2R processes.
- Experience with compliance and regulatory filing.
- Ability to prioritize and work proactively and independently to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Team player with strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Professional Accounting qualification is mandatory.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- Fluent English is mandatory.
- Previous experience in the Big Four is a plus.
- Experience with Oracle ERP Fusion and NetSuite desirable.
This role will be located in our Dublin office or remote.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice, and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 800 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Malmö, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Want to learn more about Twilio? Visit Twilio's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.