Staff Product Manager (L4) - Segment Cloud (Cloud Infrastructure)
Twilio, Remote - US
See jobs at Twilio
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Staff Product Manager for Segment Cloud (Cloud Infrastructure)
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Segment is the world’s leading CDP with over 20,000 customers today, with a focus on customer data infrastructure to power amazing customer experiences—data up versus campaign down. The demand for customer data infrastructure is set to grow +34.6% YoY to $15.6B by 2026. Globally, 93% of companies are expecting to grow their CDP budget over the next 3 years. This presents an amazing opportunity to capture this market opportunity and continue to lead the CDP space.
This position is needed to lead development on our core data foundation that processes trillions of events per month, including job orchestration via centrifuge—a bespoke event delivery system—and enabling the extensibility of our product for internal teams and BUs. This role will help take Segment to the next level of growth, while working with some of the world's leading organizations.
In this role, you’ll:
- Drive the strategic direction and coordinate efforts around new opportunities for growth of our core platform, including leading strategy around Privacy and Privacy-related products.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure alignment on the best strategic direction and market opportunities to tackle first
- Work directly with an incredibly talented team of senior engineers and product leads to help ship products that help create amazing customer and patient experiences.
- You’ll also be driving the strategic direction across teams for Segment’s most widely-used products, liaising between Go-to-market (GTM,) Legal, Security and Marketing.
- Build a company defining product-offering from the infrastructure layer up, and lead a critical new initiative for Segment.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Experience: 2-3 years of product experience
- Experience with highly technical, multi-workstream product launches; distributed systems experience a plus
- You can translate between the technical details, customer problems, and business impact of the team’s work.
- You are a strong communicator. From pitching our leadership team on what customers need to see from our products, to spec-ing a feature with a partner, you’re able to thoughtfully and clearly explain fundamental reasons behind your decisions.
- You are organized and comfortable working with exec-level stakeholders and drive deep customer relationships.
- You can build highly leveraged products that can be used as the cornerstone for customers and internal teams alike.
- You’re not shy about diving in deep with engineering, security, or the customer.
- You can run a tight ship, prioritizing a robust stream of work into cohesive, incremental releases.
This role will be based in our San Francisco office OR Remote, USA.
Approximately 10% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
(Location dependent information)
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $160,072 - $200,090.
- Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice, and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 800 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Malmö, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Want to learn more about Twilio? Visit Twilio's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos