See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Senior Business Analyst
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio Customer Experience (CXP) is growing rapidly and is looking for a seasoned, curious, and action oriented Sr. Business Analyst to be a key contributor of the CXP Business Operations team to develop reporting and analytics capabilities, proactively surface underpinning and opportunities for growth, and crispy socialize those learnings to cross functional teams. You will expand the use of our business intelligence platforms & underlying data infrastructure, and drive metrics reporting & analysis that will inform strategic planning and tactical decisioning across Development, GTM (Sales, Marketing, customer Success), Support, and Finance teams. As part of the CXP Business Operations team, you will be assigned to projects across the individual product teams (Flex, Studio, Voice).
In this role, you’ll:
- DRAW THE OWL: Drive impactful analysis and visualizations that elevates CXP’s operating data to deliver business outcomes, and help our stakeholders exceed their goals
- BE AN OWNER: Be a valued enabling business partner to your teammates and CXP’s cross functional teams that leverages data as a roadmap to profitable growth.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Be clear and crisp in surfacing why the data you’re surfacing is important, how it should be interpreted, and what are the specific actions to be taken as a result.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Develop an intimate understanding of processes and dataflows of Development, GTM, Support, Finance and other cross functional teams so you can design and deliver actionable data and insights.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Use your extensive experience to plan and drive what gets done in what order.
- BE BOLD: Proactively find improvement areas, develop solutions, drive execution and deliver value.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Be a true partner, understand the questions behind requests and solve the problem with the best method for the problem.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Surface and communicate key insights that drive actionable decisions.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 5+ years professional in an analyst role performing quantitative analysis, building dashboard and reports, and working with business partners to organize data that drives actionable decisioning, in a B2B business.
- Solid understanding of data processing from descriptive to predictive across data ingestion, prep, development, and end user adoption.
- Sophisticated understanding and use of SQL, relational databases, and data analysis.
- Deep technical skills in dashboard development and visualization tools (Tableau and / or Looker).
- A structured thinker who consistently displays a deep understanding of the problem determination/problem resolution process, and goes above and beyond to fully understand the scope of a problem the business is trying to solve before diving into data.
- Track record of consistent execution with high attention to detail and commitment to quality in a fast-paced, fluid environment
- High level of intellectual curiosity, with a willingness to teach others and learn new techniques.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication with the ability to clearly translate data insights to actionable business solutions..
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Tableau certification or equivalent experience
This role will be based in our Denver, CO office.
This role will be remote based in US time zones.
Approximately 0-10% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at a[email protected].
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice, and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 800 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Malmö, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Want to learn more about Twilio? Visit Twilio's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.