See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Technical Support Engineer - Messaging
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
We’re looking for someone who is excited by solving tough problems and enjoys helping others work through complex technical issues. You’re a strong communicator to both technical and non-technical audiences via phone or email and you’re able to empathize with frustrated customers from all backgrounds. You enjoy collaborating with colleagues on your team, help them with the day to day challenges, and are able to contribute ideas on how to improve the team’s work.
You should have a firm understanding of the technology stacks common to the Web ecosystem and experience in a telecom environment. You’ve got strong time management skills, and are efficient at getting work done in a dynamic work environment while still following standard processes and procedures.
Twilio operates a 24x7 support model so the ability to work weekends and holidays (as needed) may be required.
In this role, you’ll be working on:
- Escalations, working directly with our users and Customer Success teams to solve problems and help them leverage all of Twilio’s platform functionality.
- Escalate critical issues to the appropriate internal channel, ensuring timely response and testing and communicating the resolution
- Report bugs to our Engineering & QA teams, as well as helping to prioritize fixes to ensure customer satisfaction
- Clearly communicate with customers and other internal teams about issues impacting their service
- Effectively verify that issues have been resolved
- Execute internal processes to streamline and scale support
- Partner with cross-functional teams, such as Product Management, Support, and R&D to translate customer business needs and product feedback into new solutions
- Reporting and knowledge base documentation expertise
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Past telecom experience, including troubleshooting SMS issues.
- Ability to address customer concerns and provide feedback in a friendly, diplomatic and empathetic way; you treat customer problems like your own.
- Ability to help, train and mentor team-members, and advise on improvements for our Programmable Messaging product.
- Ability to make sound decisions quickly and efficiently.
- Experience with troubleshooting and resolving QoS (Quality of Service) issues, including escalations to third parties.
- Strong knowledge of RESTful API’s with the ability to understand and troubleshoot issues with cloud solutions.
- Skilled in troubleshooting network connectivity issues, with an understanding of TCP/UDP, and basics of SSL/TLS.
This position can be based in our Bengaluru office.(No Travel Anticipated for this role.)
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice, and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 800 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Malmö, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Want to learn more about Twilio? Visit Twilio's website.
Minimalist makeup and skincare