Senior Solutions Engineer, Enterprise (East) - Segment
Twilio, New York City, New York
See jobs at Twilio
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Senior Solutions Engineer - Segment
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Have you got a knack for explaining technical concepts? Do you want to work closely with big name companies to solve some of their toughest problems? We’re looking for a Senior Solutions Engineer who loves teaching people, solving problems, and wants to be a major factor in adding to the list of our biggest customers. You’d be joining a team of talented engineers that love open-source, supporting their community, and making life easier for people. We care deeply about our users and partners, and we judge ourselves on how well we serve them.
We partner with our Account Executives by removing technical and business related obstacles in front of a sale, advocating for customer interests to relevant internal teams, and creating compelling technical content. We get excited talking to engineers, product managers, growth marketers, and also know how to distill technical concepts to our buyers. We’re here to make our customers’ lives easier by providing them with the right solutions for their challenges in customer data strategy and architecture.
In this role, you’ll:
- Lead technical evaluations with our prospects to uncover their goals to articulate Segment’s ability to enable their success.
- Develop subject matter expertise on the customer data landscape, and Segment’s role within the customer data ecosystem
- Take lead on understanding customer technical pains to design, demonstrate and present innovative solutions that unlock business-level gains.
- Act as a trusted advisor to consult with customers and prospects in order to influence their customer data strategy and architecture design.
- Build a perspective on customer and market trends by listening to prospects and advocate customer interests to influence Segment’s strategy and vision.
- Partner with Account Executives to execute pre-sales activities including opportunity qualification, demonstrations, Proof-of-Concept, RFP Design and justifying business value.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- You have a curiosity that often manifests in understanding technology "under the hood", and have a knack for understanding technical concepts.
- You have a passionate commitment to closing deals.
- You’re a customer focused problem solver. You balance devising creative solutions and doing what’s right for the customer
- You’re a life-long learner - you enjoy digesting new information and sharing that knowledge with others.
- You are organized, driven and have the ability to switch context quickly throughout the day.
- You have a strong understanding of how modern web services and mobile apps are built, and the cloud infrastructure that powers them (e.g. Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, etc).
- You have professional experience in some of the following areas: Web development, mobile development, device platforms & architectures, ETL concepts and workflows, high availability systems and business continuity, message queuing patterns and pipeline design
- You have 3+ years of success in a solutions engineering (presales) role with 6+ years of progressive professional experience supporting technical products.
- You’ve built websites and/or mobile apps, or have experience working with ETL and/or data pipelines
- You’ve worked in marketing/advertising and understand the technical pains and challenges of working with customer data
- You have some experience with Data Analytics, Data Science, AI, or Machine Learning
This role will be based in our New York, San Francisco, Denver, or one of our other remote office locations.
Our expectation is that the team will get together in person 1-2 times/quarter once it is safe to do.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $103,680.00 - 170,280.00
- Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice, and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 800 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Malmö, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Want to learn more about Twilio? Visit Twilio's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.