General Manager - Bits
Twitch, Seattle, WA or San Francisco, CA
Video platform and community for gamers
- P&L Responsibility: Ownership of the business performance Bits. The candidate will be responsible for tracking, forecasting and reporting upon performance and helping to set aggressive business goals during the planning process.
- Oversee Business Development, Strategy, and Execution: This individual will be responsible for working with the Commerce, Marketing, and Business Development execs to lead the development of short and long-term business goals for customer acquisition, engagement, and retention. They will define the strategy to hit those goals and execute the day-to-day tactics comprising the strategy.
- Lead Cross-Functional Collaboration: This individual will work closely with a variety of internal and external partners to exceed goals for shared business objectives.
- Be a Leader: Be a mentor and leader for store operations. Lead by example and provide clear direction, continual feedback and help position your team for success. Develop a high performing team through regular coaching and by creating professional development opportunities.
- Drive business case development: Bring together customer insights, research, financial data and analytics to develop a perspective on revenue and profitability potential for new to market initiatives.
- Conduct market research, in partnership with our research team, to uncover key customer insights that drive positioning for our existing products as well as ideas for new features or benefits.
- Synthesize market intelligence & customer insights – be the expert on our customers, who they are and what segments we serve; be the expert on the competition and the broader digital marketplace.
- Drive marketing strategy: Create marketing plans for products; Own branding, positioning, messaging and creative, across the customer journey.
- Lead product rollout marketing: Develop the strategy and manage the marketing implementation that drives product engagement. Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impair the organization’s ability to meet its goals. Manage the execution of initiatives from idea through launch, while setting and continuously managing the right expectations with all relevant stakeholders, including:
- Communicating marketing plans and strategy to senior leadership.
- Working with the Product Management team to align on features.
- Partnering with Finance, Analytics and Data Science to define and measure success.
- 4+ years of strong experience running a business by the numbers using complex data sets to develop effective strategies and successfully execute the resulting business plan
- 2+ years managing a P&L
- 2+ years managing marketing related initiatives
- 4+ years of experience leading and managing a team
- Technology affinity and track record of employing systems to drive simplification and change.
- Excellent business judgment, with a track record of generating ideas and solving problems independently.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills with the ability to express thoughts logically and succinctly. Demonstrated active listening skills, highly consultative and solutions-oriented.
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to take ownership and achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Experience with presenting to and influencing at all levels within a large, cross-functional organization
- Experience working on cross-functional teams to drive internal process and strategy improvement
- MBA or advanced degree
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life
- Catered daily lunch and dinners (and hearty breakfasts three times a week)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Corporate gym membership
- Commuter Benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Weekly happy hours and opportunity to attend one gaming event or tournament
- Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers. More than 100 million gamers gather every month to broadcast, watch and chat about gaming. Twitch’s video platform is the backbone of live and on-demand distribution for leading video game broadcasters including casual gamers, pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in the gaming community, working to create a participatory experience that transcends gameplay.
Want to learn more about Twitch? Visit Twitch's website.
Jobs You May Like
Engineering Manager, GitHub For Business
GitHub, Remote - Canada
Lalamove, Hong Kong
Software Development Engineer - Security
OfferUp, OfferUp HQ - Bellevue, WA
Manufacturing Hardware Systems Intern
Formlabs, Somerville, MA
Software Engineer, Android
Strava, San Francisco, CA
Senior Software Engineer, Consumer Products
CarGurus, Cambridge, MA