- Define the research vision for data science, and oversee planning, staffing, and prioritization to make sure the team is advancing that roadmap. Deliver on concrete work that advances that roadmap.
- Invest in your team’s skills, tools, and processes to improve their velocity.
- Hire, retain, and develop outstanding and diverse staff through ownership of our data science hiring processes, brand, and functional leadership of data scientists.
- Partner with the executive team on how to apply your team’s research to our most challenging strategic questions.
- Work closely with your Science colleagues in engineering, user research, and analytics to deliver cross-functional research work and data systems.
- Professional experience as a data science leader, setting the vision for how to most effectively use data in your organization. This could be through technical leadership as an IC with ownership over a research agenda, or developing a team as a personnel manager in a new area at a larger company.
- Expert-level experience with a wide range of quantitative methods that can be applied to business problems.
- Evidence you’ve successfully been able to scope, deliver and sell your own research in a way that shifts the agenda of a large organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills on quantitative topics for a variety of audiences: product managers, designers, engineers, and business leaders.
- Fluent in data fundamentals: SQL, data manipulation using a procedural language, statistics, experimentation, and modeling
- We encourage candidates to apply who have held the responsibilities above, regardless of years of experience or educational credentials. But we roughly expect competitive candidates to have:
- A PhD or MS in a quantitative field.
- 6+ years of experience working in data science in a consumer product company
- 3+ years of experience managing data scientists, including intermediate managers
- 3+ years of experience partnering with executive staff on data topics
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life
- 401(k) savings plan with a company match
- Catered daily lunch and dinners (and hearty breakfasts three times a week)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Monthly in-office massages
- Corporate gym membership
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Weekly happy hours
- Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers. More than 100 million gamers gather every month to broadcast, watch and chat about gaming. Twitch’s video platform is the backbone of live and on-demand distribution for leading video game broadcasters including casual gamers, pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in the gaming community, working to create a participatory experience that transcends gameplay.
Want to learn more about Twitch? Visit Twitch's website.
Jobs You May Like
Prodigy Game, Burlington, Ontario
Development Manager - Big Data Platform
Branch Metrics, Redwood City
Associate Director, Network Strategy
Oscar, New York
Senior Manager, Digital Analytics
Endurance International Group, Burlington, MA
Senior Data Scientist (Udemy for Business)
Udemy, U.S.A., San Francisco
Khan Academy, Mountain View, CA (Remote friendly for US & Canada)