- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- You’ll brainstorm with designers, product managers and game developers to design new features
- You’ll implement experiments and collect data with our data scientists to drive subsequent iterations on these features
- Collaborate closely with your team on architecture, implementation, problem solving and overcoming obstacles
- You’ll identify and uphold engineering best practices
- Mentor junior and new team members
- You’ll help our support team triage bugs, respond to user feedback, and fix production issues
- You’ll participate in code and design reviews, teaching and learning from other engineers
- You'll have opinions about the customer experience and contribute to the design of the solutions we ultimately build.
- You’ll feel responsible for the quality of the features you ship.
- You’ll push code to production several times a day if necessary.
- Obsessively care about the customer’s experience
- 5+ years of hands-on experience building scalable web applications
- Strong CS fundamentals and rigor in automated testing, code quality, and engineering best practices
- Comfort working in different parts of the stack
- Experience building consumer-facing web applications
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- You are intellectually curious, passionate, inventive, and eager to grow.
- You thrive in loosely structured environments
- You are equally excited to build a minimum viable product quickly as you are cementing a proven feature in maintainable and tested code.
- At least 3 years’ experience as a key member of a design/development team participating in the complete product development lifecycle of successfully launched applications
- You focus on quality, sweat the details, and delight our users.
- Seamless communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent academic background
- Avid user of Twitch or passion for video games
- Golang, Java expertise
- Experience scaling architecture
- Experience working with large and complex datasets
- Cloud-based application development and deployment
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life
- 401(k) savings plan with a company match
- Orca Card to pay for your commute from anywhere in the Seattle Area
- Catered daily lunch
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Corporate gym membership
- Flexible time off policy
- Top of the line technology to help you build our own workspace
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers. More than 100 million gamers gather every month to broadcast, watch and chat about gaming. Twitch’s video platform is the backbone of live and on-demand distribution for leading video game broadcasters including casual gamers, pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in the gaming community, working to create a participatory experience that transcends gameplay.
Want to learn more about Twitch? Visit https://www.twitch.tv/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
SurveyMonkey, San Mateo
Senior Staff Gameplay Programmer
PlayStation, Bend, OR
Senior Data Engineer, Subscriber Data
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Application Security Engineer - Mobile
Shopify, Ottawa, Montreal
Director, Site Reliability Engineering
MuleSoft, San Francisco
Senior Software Engineer, Growth Experiments
Evernote, Redwood City, CA