Why work for us
We're not just like every other bank. Tyro has always been a tech company at heart, but fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, and a passion for continuous learning has always been one of the most important parts of our company's culture.
Tyros are a highly collaborative mix of people. You will work closely with our awesome teams and individuals in engineering, product management, customer support, sales and other functions within the business. Our over 500 strong team of Tyros, just like our customers, are the lifeblood of our business. We go to great lengths to ensure a positive and enjoyable employee experience for all. Everyone is committed to delivering great outcomes for our customers, and you will have the chance to change the face of banking for Australian businesses.
🎥 Take a look here what it's like to work at Tyro
The Tyro Finance team is positioned to support the execution of Tyro business strategy as well as continuous improvement across the business. The team focus is on financial management, control, planning and providing excellent customer experience and support to key stakeholders.
As part of the Financial Planning & Analysis team, your role is to provide insights, analysis and support to help drive optimal business performance. This role aims to do so by providing targeted analysis and commentary on Tyro’s results, being a proactive and trusted business partner to key internal stakeholders, and delivery of insightful financial forecasts, models and presentations to assist Management with corporate and strategic decisions.
The ideal candidate will have a balanced mix of management reporting and financial modelling experience, with a passion for both, operates well in a fast-paced environment and can manage competing priorities effectively.
Key Accountability Areas (Technical/Soft Skills)
- Monthly management reporting with insightful driver-based reporting and analysis, including financial tracking, gap analysis, commentary and advice against P&L performance;
- Bi-monthly board reporting on the company’s financial performance and memo inputs;
- Compilation of data and assistance with the preparation of a semi-annual Analytics Pack on interim and year-end results;
- Preparing ad hoc management reporting as requested, including creating and running SQL queries to extract data, and preparing presentation packs.
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Preparing rolling forecasts, quarterly reviews and annual budgets;
- Ownership of, and quality controls around budgeting and re-forecasting models;
- Gathering financial and non-financial data from various sources, conducting internal and external research, and/or issues analysis;
- Helping to synthesise results of quantitative and qualitative analyses into key trends, implications and/or recommendations;
- Assistance with ad hoc tasks including scenario analysis and financial due diligence
- Business partnering with multiple departments to ensure they are kept up-to-date on their financial performance and in compliance with company financial policies and procedures;
- Assisting with ad hoc new product related and data request queries.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- CA or CPA qualified (or near completion), or a similar qualification;
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with management reporting, financial forecasts and modelling and demonstrating ability to analysis and interrogate data, problem-solving skills;
- Excellent analytical skills, including tools – Excel essential; SQL, Tableau, Salesforce, Alteryx and Powerpoint preferred;
- Relevant experience working in or with Financial Services organisations;
- Experience working with broader business clients in a commercial environment;
- Strong business partnering and stakeholder management skills and ability to drive outcomes;
- Ability to work independently in addition to working as a team player while maintaining a positive attitude;
- Attention to detail, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Culture and Perks
We offer some amazing employee benefits such as a flexible working environment with a mix of in-office and remote working, learning & development opportunities for professional and personal development, 16 weeks paid primary carers leave, 12 weeks paid secondary carers leave, annual team based volunteer day, novated leasing, social events which includes multiple craft beer kegs (selection of beers carefully selected by our beer connoisseurs), wide selection of wine, variety of snacks and a ping pong table, selection of board and video games and an awesome rooftop area for socialising, all available to be enjoyed.
Who we are
Launching in 2003, Tyro has grown to become Australia’s largest EFTPOS provider of all ADIs outside the big four banks. With over 500 staff, $20.1 billion in transactions in FY20, we’re much more than an EFTPOS provider – Tyro is an Australian bank and operates under the supervision of the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA). With 10 industry firsts
to market, Tyro is a leader in credit, debit and EFTPOS card acquiring, Medicare and private health fund claiming and rebating services to Australian businesses. Find out how you can be a part of the Tyro journey today.
Privacy and Submitting your Application
Tyro does not accept unsolicited agency CV’s. Please do not forward resumes to the team if you are not one of our listed preferred recruitment partners. Tyro is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.