Software Engineer - Back End
Tyro Payments, 155 Clarence St, Sydney, NSW, 2000
EFTPOS & Banking for Australian Businesses
Who we are
Tyro is Australia’s largest fintech and newest bank. We’re giving the business banking world a good shake up, with smart technology that save Australian businesses time and money.
We’re born different.
We don’t follow the easy path, we blaze our own unique trail.
And we want like-minded people who understand where we’re coming from and where we’re going.
When it comes to banks, lots of them say they’re different.
But Tyro really is different. We don’t do mortgages, personal loans, or investments. We’re all about business.
We may be new, but what we lack in heritage, we make up for with relentless determination and a focus on the future.
Our singular goal is to make life better for business owners with superior products and services that are simple and seamless so our customers, and our people, can keep blazing our own unique trail.
Tyro’s Engineering team is one of the most disciplined agile organisations in the country. We’ve been practicing Extreme Programming for almost 12 years and we actively maintain a strong engineering culture that most IT workers only ever dream about.
We’re on our journey towards DevOps and cloud adoption. This is a unique opportunity to innovate, strategize and implement the best possible approach in a greenfield environment. Tyro has a deep rooted eXtremeProgramming and agile culture where engineers pair on tasks to build high quality solutions to support our ever growing POS and lending client base. You’ll be working with very smart engineers and engaging them on a journey towards inculcating a DevOps work environment.
What you'll be doing:
- Experimenting with new technologies! We're always open to trialling something new
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code and lots of it
- Involved through the whole delivery life cycle, from inception to production, through to planning, development and testing, contributing at every stage
- Living a real agile experience and being in control of your fate: contributing to the continuous improvement of the team
- Translating your technical skills to influence other developers, product managers and senior managers to ensure the team understands the Tyro vision
- Responsible for the development of high performance features, services and algorithms.
What we are looking for:
- Solid understanding of how to build testable, decoupled, maintainable code and other engineering best practices
- Passion for creating quality software and up to date on new technologies
- Proven working experience in Java/Scala or other object oriented languages
- Test automation and Continuous Integration & Delivery practices
- Desirable experience with Kotlin, Spring, Hibernate, Microservices or TDD
- Strong interpersonal and communication abilities, with the ability to influence the engineering teams towards a united vision.
- Experience with Cloud-based development and DevOps practices (AWS, ECS, ECR, S3, Lambda etc)
Being a Software Engineer at Tyro
We place a lot of emphasis on getting the best from our engineers. We won’t waste your time with long meetings and we don’t believe in letting your job title define what you can or cannot do. You build it, you own it. If you’re a top-notch Developer who likes the sound of continuous learning, new tech, a social and fun culture, great work-life balance, and a cool office in the heart of the CBD – then we’d love to hear from you!
Why work for us
We're not just like every other bank. Tyro has always been a tech company at heart, but fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, and a passion for continuous learning has always been one of the most important parts of our company's culture.
Tyros are a highly collaborative mix of people. You will work closely with our awesome teams and individuals in engineering, product management, customer support, sales and other functions within the business. Everyone is committed to delivering great outcomes for our customers, and you will have the chance to change the face of banking for Australia businesses.
Our 400 strong team of Tyros, just like our customers, are the lifeblood of our business. We go to great lengths to ensure a positive and enjoyable employee experience for all. We offer some amazing employee benefits such as a generous training budget, regular training for professional and personal development, 16 weeks paid primary carers leave, 3 weeks paid secondary carers leave, annual team based volunteer day, 17.5% leave loading and not to mention our multiple craft beer kegs (selection of beers carefully selected by our beer connoisseurs), wide selection of wine, variety of snacks and a ping pong table, selection of board and video games and an awesome rooftop area for socialising, all available to be enjoyed.
Privacy and Submitting your Application