Why work for us
We're not just like every other bank. Tyro has always been a tech company at heart, but fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, and a passion for continuous learning has always been one of the most important parts of our company's culture.
Tyros are a highly collaborative mix of people. You will work closely with our awesome teams and individuals in engineering, product management, customer support, sales and other functions within the business. Our over 500 strong team of Tyros, just like our customers, are the lifeblood of our business. We go to great lengths to ensure a positive and enjoyable employee experience for all. Everyone is committed to delivering great outcomes for our customers, and you will have the chance to change the face of banking for Australian businesses.
🎥 Take a look here what it's like to work at Tyro
As a Platform Engineer with Tyro Payments, you will be working within our SDLC
(Software Delivery Life Cycle) platform team to further drive the DevOps culture and
capability within the organisation. Our focus is on managing the build/release systems that
enable delivery teams the capability to safely develop and securely deploy their workloads.
We are looking for people who are curious, are able and willing to work with diverse
technologies and are willing to dive into a problem to come up with a good solution for it.
What You'll Do
- Deliver platform level solutions that will enable the delivery teams to more effectively
- build, secure and deploy their own workloads.
- Own and advocate for the health & quality of our systems.
- Develop integration tools for delivery teams that will enrich the experience of our solutions.
- Advocate for automation across all solutions and make solutions repeatable and maintainable.
- Work effectively with the delivery teams to help them onboard onto the platform and educate them into how to get the most out of the available solutions.
Key Skills Required
- Automation first mentality - we want to build solutions that enable our engineering teams to deliver without needing any assistance
- Software development background - we develop and maintain significant integration and abstraction layers for the various systems that we use.
- Docker and AWS experience – We ship applications as Docker containers, whether on-premise or in the cloud, and make extensive use of AWS services to provision and integrate the various products we use to provide the SDLC platform.
- Curious to learn, wants to get involved in anything and everything and wants to tackle the problem, not a particular technology
- Experience managing build systems and designing pipeline processes to cater for a variety of team workflows and practises.
- Willingness to share ideas - we like discussing solutions and we like people who are willing to share their thoughts conversations and sharing help drive better solutions.
Technologies we use
Here is a non-exhaustive list of the technologies we work with everyday. There is an expectation that the candidate should be intimately familiar with most the following stack:
Docker, Terraform, AWS, GoLang, Jenkins/Buildkite, GitHub, GitHub Advanced Security
Perks & Benefits
We offer some amazing employee benefits such as a flexible working environment with a mix of in-office and remote working, learning & development opportunities for professional and personal development, 16 weeks paid primary carers leave, 12 weeks paid secondary carers leave, annual team based volunteer day, novated leasing, social events which includes multiple craft beer kegs (selection of beers carefully selected by our beer connoisseurs), wide selection of wine, variety of snacks and a ping pong table, selection of board and video games and many more!
Launching in 2003, Tyro has grown to become Australia’s largest EFTPOS provider of all ADIs outside the big four banks. With over 500 staff, $20.1 billion in transactions in FY20, we’re much more than an EFTPOS provider – Tyro is an Australian bank and operates under the supervision of the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA). With 10 industry firsts
to market, Tyro is a leader in credit, debit and EFTPOS card acquiring, Medicare and private health fund claiming and rebating services to Australian businesses.
Wow the Customer - We love our customers and we want them to love us too.
Be Good - We're open and transparent, and we do the right thing - even when nobody's watching or it's really hard.
Commit to Greatness - We think big, move fast and dare to be different. We're always asking "what's next?"
Stay Hungry - We ooze passion and determination and we play as a team to win.
Privacy and Submitting your Application
Tyro does not accept unsolicited agency CV’s. Please do not forward resumes to the team if you are not one of our listed preferred recruitment partners. Tyro is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.