Gameplay Engineer - REMOTE/ONSITE
Ubisoft, San Francisco CA, US
See jobs at Ubisoft
When you’re a Gameplay Engineer at Ubisoft San Francisco, you have a large influence over the game content and the quality of the game experience.
During the development process you’ll focus on designing and building the game systems that are the foundation of our game. You’ll also be optimizing, expanding, and adding core features to our engine technology in areas such as AI, navigation, online play, and audio.
As a dependable member of a cohesive online game team, you will participate in the design, coding, testing, integration, and debugging of the game’s features and content with creators from multiple disciplines.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Analyze feature requests for viability, design completeness, risks
- Design and implement gameplay systems
- Optimize and extend the game engine
- Create low-latency, highly responsive game systems
- Collaborate with the design team to build engine features
- Maintain and extend documentation on gameplay features and systems
- Self-manage programming task schedule updates and coordinate with production team
- Work with design team to ensure that gameplay systems are used properly
- Mentor junior engineers and provide design guidance on new features
- Knowledge of all aspects of the game features you will be working on and own that responsibility to how that feature fits into overall lifecycle of the project
- Ensure that you code meets the team's coding standards to deliver high quality and maintainable code
- Interact with our dev testers to insure automation best practices going forward going forward
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Mid level of experience in programming/engineering development
- C/C++ development skills
- Several shipped titles as Gameplay Engineer
- Experienced in developing and implementing key gameplay systems
- Work well with designers and artists to implement the vision of the game
- Autonomous, problem-solving, and open-minded attitude
- Knowledge of performance/memory constraints of game software required
- Experience with scripting languages like Python
- Debugging and mathematical skills
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution to fully cover your deductible (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holiday and wellness time
- Fitness, physical challenge, and eSports competition reimbursements
- Ginger emotional support app for you and your adult dependents with up to 10 sessions per year of video-based therapy and psychiatry services
- Membership to One Medical
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after 5 years of employment
- Access to all of the latest Ubisoft games for PC
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes submitted by staffing or placement agencies or recruiters
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman and Far Cry. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs.
Want to learn more about Ubisoft? Visit Ubisoft's website.
The best bed for better sleep