Ubisoft Entertainment, a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry, is currently seeking a full time Tax Manager for its Accounting department. The position is based in Atlanta, GA and will report to the Controller.
- Responsible for the preparation of all tax filings and reporting in compliance with all required regulations. Taxes include but not limited to Federal and state Income Tax, Sales Tax, Use Tax, Payroll Tax, Property Tax, and Excise Tax.
- Validate sales tax calculation and collection for 12 states on monthly basis. Continuously support E-commerce projects from sales and use tax perspective.
- Work with E&Y on the study of the new base erosion and anti-abuse tax (BEAT) included in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
- Assist the company to pursue Georgia Gaming tax credit. Explore the opportunity of applying R&D Credits, E-Sports Credit, and Georgia Job Tax Credits.
- Work as tax SME to support business by reviewing contract provision, analyzing tax implications for business initiative, and recommending solutions for logistics, etc.
- Work as a liaison with Tax consulting firm (BDO) on preparing provision, R&D credit analysis, Transfer Pricing justification, benefit related tax and other tax related questions.
- Responsible for IRS and state agency audits, inquires, and tax notices. Communicate with IRS and clients in connection with audits, inquires, and tax notices.
- Conduct complex tax research and prepare memorandum outlining findings and conclusions.
- Lead the efforts of tax planning. Evaluate the tax implications of company activities and develops strategies to minimize the tax obligations.
- Develop recommendations to keep our business compliant with various local, state, and federal tax regulations. Advise management on future changes to tax regulations and possible impact to the organization.
- Find and implement opportunities for process improvement in company tax procedures.
- Serve as a main contact with vendors, customers, co-workers, management, HQ, other affiliates and IRS representatives regarding various tax matters.
- Engage in consulting and special projects as requested by Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or other major with tax and accounting
- Minimum of five years of experience preparing all types of tax returns. Public CPA firm experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of tax code, compliance and procedures for corporations.
- Familiarity with U.S. federal, state and local reporting requirements.
- Strong experience with a variety of tax operations and ability to drive process improvements.
- Ability to work well independently as well as the ability to work well with stakeholders and communicate the benefits of tax initiatives.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and excellent oral/written communication skills
- Strong leadership, team building and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and result oriented.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman and Far Cry. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs.
Want to learn more about Ubisoft? Visit Ubisoft's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.