The user research team is a small but mighty group looking to add another user-centric voice to the mix. In Udemy’s insights-driven culture, researchers play a key role in leading and inspiring teams to create the next generation of products. We bring empathetic advocacy of our users’ actuality to every business group in the company - from product and design to brand strategy and content. Our goal is to ensure each department has the right insights to develop innovative products and messaging that resonate with our customers. We’re looking for someone who is incredibly hungry, passionate, smart, fun, scrappy and generally awesome to help us achieve that objective!
You will solve for questions like:
- How can we improve onboarding flows and feature discoverability for new mobile app customers?
- How does a student’s learning goals impact the number of lessons within a course the student completes?
- How can we improve the discovery process to help students find the best course for them?
- What can we do to simplify the course editing process?
Here's what you will be doing:
- Employ a mixed-methods approach to gathering both generative and evaluative feedback on our mobile and desktop-based designs. Methods may include: ethnographic studies, online surveys, usability tests, card sorting, participatory design, experience mapping, and in-depth interviews
- Manage research projects from kick-off and recruitment to effective communication of the synthesized key findings to internal stakeholders
- Deftly manage cross-team dynamics and internal stakeholder relationships
We’re excited about you because you have:
- BS, MS, or PhD in Human-computer interaction, human factors, cognitive psychology, sociology, anthropology, or related field
- 2+ years of practice executing research projects in an agile product environment, or have equivalent educational experiences
- Experience working in industry, directly with design, product, engineering, and business teams, to gather study requirements and present findings
- Background in consumer-based products or B2B markets
- Experience with web and/or mobile research
- Global perspective
Udemy UX Research Updates
The “Goldilocks Experience” of developing a foundational research framework — finding a practice that’s “just right”
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 30 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News:
Enriching lives Udemy is a global marketplace for learning and teaching online where students are mastering new skills and achieving their goals by learning from an extensive library of over 55,000 courses taught by expert instructors.