With a mission to improve lives through learning, Udemy is a global marketplace for learning and teaching online. More than 20 million students learn from an extensive library of over 65,000 courses taught by expert instructors. Whether learning for professional development or personal enrichment, students can master new skills through self-paced, on-demand courses, while instructors have a way to share their knowledge with the world. For companies, Udemy for Business offers subscription access to a collection of business-relevant courses as well as a simple platform to host and distribute their own content in one central place.
We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious commitment to delivering the best possible learning and teaching experiences. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Sao Paulo, Brazil, and Ankara, Turkey. Compensation includes full-time salary, equity compensation plan, and competitive benefits including healthcare, commuter benefits, parental leave, and a discretionary time off policy.
ABOUT Udemy for Business (UFB)
Udemy for Business (UFB) is the only online learning solution for businesses that puts consumers first, and we’re growing like crazy. We’re helping companies large and small around the globe to solve the critical skills gap that teams increasingly face, whether it’s the latest technical skills, marketing & sales, HR and compliance training, or soft skills. And we’re just getting started.
Growth and Monetization is a newly formed team for Udemy for Business that is focused on driving revenue growth. The responsibilities of this team sit at the intersection of analytics, product, and marketing, all with the primary goal of driving revenue growth at scale for the fast-growing Udemy for Business product.
As Product Manager (UFB), Growth and Monetization, you will drive innovation and set product direction for our trial experience and overall monetization experience to help convert small and medium sized companies, as well as enterprise clients, into lifelong UFB customers. It’s a big, impactful role - as you will be directly driving revenue for the company.
You will form a Product team with your partners in Design and Engineering, as well as partner with sales and growth marketing teams teams to bring to life the ideas we have about converting all companies into lifelong customers.
Success in this role will require the ability to motivate and collaborate successfully with cross-functional teams. At Udemy, leadership is a function of the strength of your ideas, how clearly you can articulate your thinking, the analysis you bring to the table, and the clarity with which you communicate. Given the varied types of people you will work with, both technical and not, the ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing, over the phone, on a whiteboard, or on a napkin is essential.
- Set the product strategy for the UFB onboarding and trial experience and monetization flows
- A/B test different experiences to see which experiences effectively drive conversion - you’ll be performing a lot of tests!
- Work closely and collaborate with Udemy’s marketing and sales teams to help define a holistic customer journey from awareness of UFB all the way through to conversion
- Work closely with the rest of the UFB and Udemy Product team to ensure that trial and monetization efforts work seamlessly with the rest of the product experience
- Perform competitive analysis on the user experience of other products on a regular basis and validate our product plans against competitive landscape.
- Comfortable traveling to Udemy’s Dublin office 3-4 times a year
- 3-6 years of product management experience: ideally, working on conversion and trial related products
- Strong project management skills: From developing a detailed project plan to ensuring on time delivery.
- Teamwork and collaboration: You are effective at working with business teams and creating jointly owned goals and metrics.
- Motivated by startups; love working in a face-paced, iterative, innovative environment. You move fast and motivate others to act quickly.
- Data driven: You love working with data. You have a proven ability to quantitatively analyze product concepts, strategic opportunities and competitive threats based on data.
- Customer driven: Customers love working with you for your attentiveness, communication, and action orientation.
- Product leadership: Engineers, data scientists and designers love working with you because you understand product design and development. You backup product plans with transparent process and analysis.
- Experience with SQL for pulling and analyzing data from our robust data pipeline, as well as having access to large analytics team. Past experience of cohort analysis and other common statistical methods is an advantage.
- Experience partnering with design to create simple and intuitive web/mobile user interfaces.
- Excellent communication skills: You can communicate product ideas through mockups and sketches, you can present data analysis to technical audience, you can speak to non-technical audience about growth related product strategy. You can present effectively to different audiences.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Statistics, Business, Economics or a related field.
Udemy in the News:
Enriching lives Udemy is a global marketplace for learning and teaching online where students are mastering new skills and achieving their goals by learning from an extensive library of over 55,000 courses taught by expert instructors.