Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack Web Development, Udemy for Business
Udemy, Ireland, Dublin
See jobs at Udemy
This Person Will:
- Develop, test, and release full-stack, end-to-end features for Udemy for Business, which is integrated with our core marketplace that supports over 17 million students worldwide.
- Plan, organize, and get work done in 2-week agile sprints.
- Participate in code reviews and post-deployment site monitoring.
- Mentor junior engineers to become proficient developers using best software development practices and processes
- Lead by example and contribute to a team culture that values quality, robustness, and scalability while fostering initiatives and innovation.
- Research and evaluate new technologies that may improve performance and elegance of our software implementation
- At times, function as a technical lead for various projects/tasks. This may involve some project, resource, and deployment planning in additional to software engineering responsibilities
- Ability to learn, work with, and migrate, existing code bases.
- Strong technical communication skills.
- Object-oriented design and computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms).
- RDBMS (e.g. MySQL) and SQL
- ORMs (preferably Django or similar)
- Python (Or interest to learn and work with)
- Testing methods, including back-end and front-end unit and integration tests
- and have a willingness to "go the extra mile" when needed.
Nice to have:
- Single-sign-on (SSO), SAML, and related technologies.
- Enterprise Software-as-a-Service
- Experience working with teams in remote locations (e.g., California).
- Contributed to public open source project(s) and involvement in local technology communities.
- Teaching online or in other forms.
Enriching lives Udemy is a global marketplace for learning and teaching online where students are mastering new skills and achieving their goals by learning from an extensive library of over 55,000 courses taught by expert instructors.
Want to learn more about Udemy? Visit Udemy's website.
Jobs You May Like
Hardware Engineer Avionics
Motion Design Artist
PlayStation, Playa Vista, CA
Sr. Interaction Systems Test Developer
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Data Management Support Analyst
Taco Bell, Irvine
Software Engineering Manager, Data Platform
Lyft, Seattle, WA
Software Engineer: Full-Stack (Anywhere Merchant)
Postmates, San Francisco