About the Role:
Udemy Measurement Platform team is looking for new teammates to join our team. You will play a meaningful role in revamping our event tracking and experimentation systems. You will design, build, and integrate scalable backend systems, platforms, and tools which will help us achieve our mission of improving lives through learning.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Build and own Event Tracking system(a scalable system that collects high-quality real-time event data to enable recommendation systems, data analytics, and data science) and Experimentation platform(a scalable system that enables Udemy to run and manage experiments to innovate, grow, and evolve product)
- Plan, organize, and complete work within agile sprints. Communicate effectively on progress and meeting expectations.
- Participate in code reviews, design discussions, and develop features and solutions that scale.
- Contribute to a team culture that values openness, quality, robustness, and scalability while fostering innovation.
- Identify and evaluate new technologies that improve performance, maintainability, and elegance of our software implementation.
We’re excited about you because you have:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 2+ years of software development experience.
- Experience in developing web applications.
- Superior design and architecture knowledge, as well as familiarity with object-oriented design patterns.
- Engineering process expertise, with a full understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) principles.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail and effective communication skills.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with any of Python, Kotlin, Java programming languages.
- Experience working with data processing frameworks and tools, such as Spark, Hadoop, Hive, Kafka, etc.
- Familiarity with container orchestration technologies (Kubernetes, Marathon, etc.).
- Experience working with cloud computing services providers (AWS, Google cloud platform, Azure, etc.).
- Experience with Testing methods, including unit, integration tests and API tests.
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 40 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News:
Enriching lives Udemy is a global marketplace for learning and teaching online where students are mastering new skills and achieving their goals by learning from an extensive library of over 55,000 courses taught by expert instructors.