As a Product Manager for Payments, you will oversee the product strategy and execution of systems that drive traffic globally, unlock financial value and innovation for our students, instructors, and Udemy. You have deep experience in card acquiring and payment gateway processing, are well versed with processing traditional as well as emerging payment types in card-not-present and card-present environments. Your team will oversee all student purchases (checkout, payments, and fraud), payouts to instructors (tax reporting, and automation), money management (tax, reconciliation, fees, chargebacks), and creating new business models. Success requires collaboration with data science, engineers, designers, and stakeholders across the organization. We are seeking a combination of strong vision, strategic leverage, team leadership, and high-velocity execution.
Here's what you will be doing:
- Build and lead the strategy, prioritization, and execution of global payment initiatives
- Define, monitor and measure product metrics and KPIs, incorporate learnings into product definition and development process
- Build an in-depth understanding of our B2B and B2C customers, systems, financial controls, and global regulatory environment
- Influence executives and team members alike, with your unique approaches to problem-solving and direct the course of our technical solutions
We’re excited about you because you have:
- BA / BS required, ideally in a technical field
- 2+ years of building and shipping products that customers love
- Global payment industry experience
- Comfortable managing local and remote Engineering teams (Ireland and Turkey)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the capability to present to upper management
- You are excited about highly complex problems, systems, and interactions
- You have great attention to detail but base your strategy on the big picture objectives
- You understand how technology can solve customer problems and can engage in the details with the engineering team to find simpler solutions
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies and tools
- Passion about the education space and the problems we are solving
- Natural talent for moderating competing ideas and finding creative solutions
Nice to haves:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field is ideal
- Experience with delivering supply side products for two-sided marketplaces/platforms
- Experience with SQL for pulling and analyzing data
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 40 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News:
Enriching lives Udemy is a global marketplace for learning and teaching online where students are mastering new skills and achieving their goals by learning from an extensive library of over 55,000 courses taught by expert instructors.