With a mission to improve lives through learning, Udemy is a global marketplace for learning and teaching online. More than 20 million students learn from an extensive library of over 65,000 courses taught by expert instructors. Whether learning for professional development or personal enrichment, students can master new skills through self-paced, on-demand courses, while instructors have a way to share their knowledge with the world. For companies, Udemy for Business offers subscription access to a collection of business-relevant courses as well as a simple platform to host and distribute their own content in one central place.
We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious commitment to delivering the best possible learning and teaching experiences. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Sao Paulo, Brazil, and Ankara, Turkey. Compensation includes full-time salary, equity compensation plan, and competitive benefits including healthcare, commuter benefits, parental leave, and a discretionary time off policy.
The user research team is a small but mighty group looking to add another user-centric voice to the mix. In Udemy’s insights-driven culture, researchers play a key role in leading and inspiring teams to create the next generation of products. We bring empathetic advocacy of our users’ actuality to every business group in the company - from product and design to brand strategy and content. Our goal is to ensure each department has the right insights to develop innovative products and messaging that resonate with our customers. We’re looking for someone who is incredibly hungry, passionate, smart, fun, scrappy and generally awesome to help us achieve that objective!
This role will be working as a part of our Udemy for Business (B2B) and Localization Teams in our growing Dublin office. You would be the first researcher in that group, working directly with the research-minded product and design teams to scale the Udemy for Business product. You will also be closely connected to the SF-based research team.
You will answer questions like:
- What do HR Administrators need to effectively prove the success of Udemy for Business in their organizations?
- How do some companies successfully foster a culture of learning, and how can we help others achieve that too?
- How can we encourage more learning engagement amongst employees?
- How can we scale localization (captions, etc.) efforts in the product with the least disruption to the learning experience?
- Employ a mixed-methods approach to gathering both generative and evaluative feedback on our mobile and desktop-based designs. Methods may include: ethnographic studies, online surveys, usability tests, card sorting, participatory design, experience mapping, and in-depth interviews
- Manage and execute all research in multiple product verticals (includes running kick-offs, recruiting, conducting research and synthesizing key findings to internal stakeholders)
- Lead research fieldwork to uncover insights about our customer’s motivations and actions to find new opportunity spaces
- Act as the voice of UX research in Dublin! Support and lead research evangelization efforts across the organization (could include workshops, 1:1 sessions, brown bag lunches, etc.), help grow the research arm in that office
- Deftly manage cross-team dynamics and internal stakeholder relationships
- Participate in the complete product life cycle, from generative research, through to design evaluation, to post-release iteration.
- 5+ years of practice leading research projects in an agile product environment, or have equivalent educational experiences
- BS, MS, or PhD in Human-computer interaction, human factors, cognitive psychology, sociology, anthropology, or related field
- Experience working in industry, directly with design, product, engineering, and business teams, to gather study requirements and present findings
- Experience working with SQL, R, Python, SPSS or other statistical packages
- Background in B2B markets
- Experience with web and/or mobile research
- Global perspective
Extra points for:
Udemy in the News:
Enriching lives Udemy is a global marketplace for learning and teaching online where students are mastering new skills and achieving their goals by learning from an extensive library of over 55,000 courses taught by expert instructors.