To succeed in this role, you must:
- Have done it before. “It” here means some combination of leading online community strategy and operations, launching and running customer advisory boards, and leading beta testing programs. Udemy wants to move quickly on several initiatives in the coming months and years; we believe that a functional leader who’s tackled similar challenges before will allow us to move with both more speed and more confidence. You’ll be able to help us anticipate the opportunities - and challenges - we are likely to face thanks to the benefit of pattern recognition.
- Be a strategic thinker - who gets things done. You must be able to understand what the our existing customers (instructors and students) need today and how those needs differ given factors such as customer segment, geography, and language. You are a structured thinker who know what metrics to track, what questions to ask, what tests to run. And, crucially, you can implement a structured plan to execute on your strategic vision. You must be able to anticipate how our community and customer programs could - and should - change. You must be able to understand how these changes might affect other parts of Udemy and work cross-functionally to advocate for your vision with other teams, including our Product team.
- Be Empathetic. This means both deep empathy for our diverse customer base as well as our students around the world. It also means being a great people manager, as leading a successful and growing team is a prerequisite for achieving business objectives. And finally it means anticipating and understanding the needs and points of view of your colleagues in other departments, especially Product and Marketing.
- Demonstrate creativity. Udemy is growing, and there’s a lot we haven’t tried. Maintaining the status quo is not what this role is about. We are looking for someone to take our community programs to the next level: to strategically, thoughtfully test new programs.
- Create and implement Udemy’s community strategy
- Drive community growth and engagement in a way that drives value for customers and Udemy
- Manage and grow a high-performing team to effectively deliver incredible, valuable, and unique programs for customers
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless customer experiences and appropriate escalation of customer pain points
- Test experimental programs to push the envelope on what community at Udemy might be
Need to Have:
- 6+ years relevant professional experience in roles that require deep strategic thinking and operational chops.
- 4+ years leading a community, customer programs, or customer experience function (or similar). Again, you’ve done this before.
- People management experience. You will manage a growing, high-performing team.
- Strong communicator. This is a highly-cross functional role, and to be able to maximize the full potential of it, you need to be a persuasive communicator and a great listener.
- Comfort with data. You have an ability to define what data is important (and what isn’t) and an understanding for how to analyze data in a way that drives actionable insights.
(Very) Nice to Have:
- Experience with building communities and programs across multiple languages and/or geos
- Marketplace experience
- SQL skills (or a willingness to learn)
Enriching lives Udemy is a global marketplace for learning and teaching online where students are mastering new skills and achieving their goals by learning from an extensive library of over 55,000 courses taught by expert instructors.
Want to learn more about Udemy? Visit Udemy's website.
Jobs You May Like
Manager, Customer Service
Coupang, Seoul (HQ)
Overnight Distribution Team Member
thredUP, Vernon Hills, IL
Customer Experience Associate
Honest Buildings, New York
Order Management Specialist
Highfive, Redwood City
Learning and Development Lead
Monzo, London, UK
Indigo, Memphis, TN