ABOUT THE ROLE:
Udemy iOS apps are used around the world by millions of students and 35,000 instructors. Our iOS apps are mostly written in Swift with some Objective-C. Our students consume lectures on their iPhones, iPads and Apple TV. As an iOS engineer at Udemy, you will be responsible for developing new features, expanding our automated tests and improving overall app performance. Success in this role means collaboration with our designers and product team, working with back-end engineers to define new protocols and APIs and adapting the code to use the latest technologies from Apple or open-source.
- Core Data
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Building, iterating and enhancing mobile apps on both iOS and tvOS platforms
- Working closely with the design and product teams to create an intuitively easy to use application for both students and instructors
- Implementing A/B tests to make data driven product decisions
- Optimizing the existing code to improve app performance
- Evaluate and implement new developer tools to improve development workflow
- Debugging and bug fixing using Firebase, Charles, and other debugging tools
- Contributing to a team culture that values quality while fostering initiatives and innovation
We’re excited about you because you have:
- Solid understanding of the iOS SDK and Xcode tools
- Knowledge and experience in Swift and Objective-C programming languages, OOD and component architecture
- Experience with consuming REST APIs and OAuth
- Exercised exemplary development practices including design specification, coding standards, unit testing, UI testing, and code reviews
- Passion for delivering high quality products and high maintainable code that meet business requirements
- Shown success as an individual contributor. Have consistently demonstrated ability and commitment to deliver on major releases
- Willingness to "go the extra mile" when needed
- Experience releasing one or two medium to large scale consumer facing applications on the App Store
- Experience with Jenkins CI and XCTest for testing
- Experience with SDK features like CoreData, StoreKit, AVPlayer, push notifications, deep linking, etc
- Familiarity with common 3rd party libraries for networking, ORM, analytics, crash reporting, etc
- An active Github profile with open source contributions
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 40 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News:
Enriching lives Udemy is a global marketplace for learning and teaching online where students are mastering new skills and achieving their goals by learning from an extensive library of over 55,000 courses taught by expert instructors.