You're excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Develop a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) strategy spanning across three focus areas: employees, social impact, and our learning platform
- Identify the metrics and processes that will help us measure progress and accountability related to DEI
- Expand our UBelong programming with a global perspective
- Partner with Recruiting to ensure that our recruiters, hiring managers, and interviewers are best equipped to find diverse talent and set interviewers up for success in the hiring process
- Partner with Recruiting, Marketing, and Corporate Communications to build an employer brand that resonates with diverse candidates
- Partner and consult with various People teams (Learning, People Ops, People Partners, Recruiting and Workplace) to ensure a DEI lens is applied to People initiatives and projects
- Heighten awareness and education of Udemy’s leaders on DEI matters
- Partner with the Learning & Development team to continue adoption of our UBelong learning experiences (Unconscious Bias, Allyship, Self-advocacy, Psychological Safety) throughout the organization
- Partner with our People Ops team to manage our company DEI metrics
- Drive research-based insights to diagnose and assess the impact of specific DEI strategies and initiatives
- Partner with executives/leadership and People Partners to design and report on function-specific DEI action plans based on quantitative & qualitative data
- Partner with our Product and our Learning team to ensure DEI best practices are applied to how we design and create learning experiences within our product
- Educate leadership on how to connect DEI to all aspects of our business; add a DEI lens to every product and campaign
- Partner with our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and affinity groups to ensure we are amplifying and advocating for underrepresented voices
- Partner on Udemy Social Impact efforts, placing DEI at the forefront of our initiatives
- Partner with the Udemy Corporate Communications team to communicate DEI initiatives internally and externally
Experience we're looking for...
- 8+ years of experience designing, building and leading measurable and scalable programs and initiatives for global, complex organizations
- Previous exposure to DEI in a private-sector context, ideally working with or within high-growth, fast-changing tech companies
- Strong understanding of industry benchmarks, leading practices and innovations in DEI, as well as the strengths and drawbacks of what has been tried to date
- Success in coaching organizational leaders at the executive level related to DEI
- Previous DEI work with remote or geographically distributed employees is ideal
- Previous non-US DEI experience is ideal, with an EMEA focus
- Previous experience with DEI related to education, including an understanding of accessibility in education
- Knowledge of learning science and adult learning principles to develop effective and world-class learning experiences
- Expertise in instructional design or learning science is a bonus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with high emotional intelligence and executive presence
- Excellent presentation skills
Enriching lives Udemy is a global marketplace for learning and teaching online where students are mastering new skills and achieving their goals by learning from an extensive library of over 55,000 courses taught by expert instructors.
Want to learn more about Udemy? Visit Udemy's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.