- Design, develop, test, and release features for Udemy’s user facing products that are crucial for business expansion and growth.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers and engineers to identify opportunities and implement solutions that provide positive value to our students and our business.
- Plan, organize, and complete work within agile sprints. Communicate effectively on progress and meeting expectations.
- Participate in code reviews, design discussions, and develop features and solutions that scale.
- Serve as a technical lead for various projects/tasks as needed.
- Use best software development practices and processes to coach and mentor junior engineers to become proficient developers.
- Contribute to a team culture that values openness, quality, robustness, and scalability while fostering innovation.
- Identify and evaluate new technologies that improve performance, maintainability and elegance of our software implementation.
- Minimum four (4) years of experience as a full-stack software engineer.
- Object Oriented software design patterns and computer science fundamentals (e.g. data structures, algorithms).
- Web application development using modern framework.
- Web Framework ORMs (e.g. Django, Rails, Zend, etc.)
- Python or other scripting languages such as Ruby, PHP (minimum 2 years), etc.
- Relational DB (e.g. MySQL) including development of complex SQL queries
- Linux and/or Unix
- Real-time messaging and NoSQL infrastructures: Redis, RabbitMQ, Celery
- Testing methods, including unit and integration tests
- Ability to learn and work with existing code bases, up and down the software stack.
- Willingness to "go the extra mile" when needed.
Preferred but not required:
- Contribution to open source projects
- Public speaking or technical blog skills
Enriching lives Udemy is a global marketplace for learning and teaching online where students are mastering new skills and achieving their goals by learning from an extensive library of over 55,000 courses taught by expert instructors.
Want to learn more about Udemy? Visit Udemy's website.
WE PUT MORE POWER IN YOUR HANDS