Senior Product Designer - Marketplace Experience
Udemy, Austin, Texas
See jobs at Udemy
Opportunities and Challenges
- Concept and implement a UX strategy for key entry points to Udemy’s product, delivering a clear and concise presentation of Udemy’s value proposition.
- Help create an instant, compelling understanding of how Udemy is helping millions of people achieve learning outcomes.
- Help drive users to trust our platform and commit to trying Udemy through registration and/or purchase actions.
- Play an integral part in the design evolution of our Brand and Marketing efforts.
- Drive key browse experiences that organize our vast catalogue to help our learners efficiently and confidently find the right solutions. These browse hubs are the most frequent front-doors to our product.
- Leverage and evolve our product development framework and resources, including: design system and shared components, direct user research, A/B testing, and instrumentation (Amplitude, Full Story, …).
We're excited about you because you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human and Computer Interaction, Web Design, Interactive Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent practical work experience.
- 4+ Years of Product Design experience, of which 2 at least in a high-traffic ecommerce environment.
- A portfolio of end-to-end product design work that showcases your involvement, from research and discovery to visual design and engineering implementation support, and demonstrates your ability to ship products that users love.
- A design practice where highly refined visual design and communication skills complement a fascination with behavioral psychology.
- You’re excited to work on a team of world-class design, product, research, and engineering talent to make a product that millions of people around the world use to teach and learn new skills.
What we look for:
- You’re a natural leader with a highly-collaborative and low-ego approach.
- You’re an ambassador for design who brings diverse stakeholders together to align and work together to solve problems.
- You’re comfortable kicking-off abstract projects before goals and vision are fully defined and collaborate to define measurable milestones.
- You facilitate ideation within your product area and champion the users while managing stakeholder input.
- You regularly and clearly articulate your design process, key decisions, and the information and insights that informed your decisions.
- You demonstrate expertise in your product area through mastery of best practices and knowledge of the competitive landscape.
- You thrive on collaborating with marketing, editorial and content strategy partners to breathe life into product experiences.
- You have experience in leveraging design systems in your work to reduce the cost of shipping product while maintaining a cohesive user and brand experience.
- You demonstrate patience and a comprehensive investment into the end-to-end process of your projects from problem definition, implementation, and follow through.
- You can simultaneously move multiple high-priority projects toward delivery in a fast-paced agile environment.
- You have mastery of hierarchy, white space, typography, composition, and demonstrate a refined aesthetic sensibility in your visual design work.
- You know how to extract insight from successful and unsuccessful experiments, learn from your mistakes, and identify what you could do differently in the future.
Enriching lives Udemy is a global marketplace for learning and teaching online where students are mastering new skills and achieving their goals by learning from an extensive library of over 55,000 courses taught by expert instructors.
Want to learn more about Udemy? Visit Udemy's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.