Senior Database Reliability Engineer
Udemy, San Francisco, California
See jobs at Udemy
- Analyze, improve and automate datastore maintenance flows, backup and recovery procedures, capacity management, and access monitoring
- Proactively respond to production infrastructure alerts and warnings, mitigate production issues as they arise and transform incident lessons into automation, documentation and monitoring
- Work with Production Engineering and development teams to review and deploy changes to production environment, advise on datastore availability and scalability policies and best practices
- Develop and enhance datastore production environment monitoring, observability and management capabilities using existing and new tools and platforms
- Answer datastore related infrastructure questions
- Create and maintain documentation-Participate in On-Call rotation
- Passion for performance, observability, availability and scalability
- Extensive administration skills and hands on experience with at least one of the following datastores: MySQL, Redis, DynamoDB, RabbitMQ, Memcached, Kafka
- Solid software engineering skills with proficiency in at least one high level programming language like Python
- Comfortable with infrastructure automation and configuration management tools such as Terraform and Ansible-Experience with container orchestrators (Kubernetes) and automated testing, continuous integration and deployment tools (e.g. Molecule, Atlantis, Jenkins, Argo) for stateful infrastructure changes
- Good understanding of Linux/Unix fundamentals and debugging skills
- 5+ years experience managing large-scale database systems in Cloud (AWS prefered) and/or hybrid environments
Enriching lives Udemy is a global marketplace for learning and teaching online where students are mastering new skills and achieving their goals by learning from an extensive library of over 55,000 courses taught by expert instructors.
Want to learn more about Udemy? Visit Udemy's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.