About The Role
We’re looking for an experienced marketing leader to lead our product marketing team. As the Sr. Director of Product Marketing, you’ll lead, develop, and scale a team that helps to drive our B2B business. We've experienced tremendous growth over the last few years and this role will partner closely with our Sales, Customer Success, and Product teams to continue to rapidly scale the business.
This role reports into the VP of Marketing for Udemy Business and will partner closely with the Global Demand Generation team, Region Marketing and Customer Marketing.
This role can be based in our San Francisco HQ, or in Denver or Austin, in a hybrid model; in office 2-3 days a week.
The Sr. Director of Product Marketing will be responsible for crafting and telling the market narrative that is supported by market insights and analysis and help to create product direction. You have experience in a variety of product marketing functions, including messaging and positioning, product launch, pricing and packaging, competitive analysis and market insights. You’ve worked with customer facing teams to enable them to speak to our product and vision, and incorporate the customer’s voice into all that we do.
You know how to position a portfolio of solutions, differentiate with insights from the market and competitive intelligence, and are well-versed in SaaS sales models. You are a strong collaborator and partner for multiple go-to-market teams (sales, customer success, strategy, and content) and know how to influence and drive priorities across leadership teams.
Here's What You'll Be Doing:
- Lead and coach a high performing Product Marketing team.
- Collaborate across the organization: You’ll be a key partner to our Product organization, as well as our global Sales & Customer Success teams. Define our overall portfolio and product positioning and our ICP, with segmentation of customers and prospects that helps shape the marketing message and further define our ICP.
- Partner with our Product teams, incorporating insights from the market and GTM teams, to help build a product roadmap that addresses use and buyer needs.
- Work cross-functionally to determine the best GTM strategy, set proper timelines and KPIs, and coordinate launches.
- Partner with Sales, Strategy and Finance to set financial targets for new product launches.
- Own pricing and packaging strategy for our B2B products, and partner with consumer marketing teams to ensure a holistic strategy that maximizes value for our customers and the companyConduct primary and secondary market research to inform product roadmap, marketing strategy, and messagingPartner with analysts, thought leaders, and cross-functional teams (Executive, Sales, Product & Engineering, Communications, and Customer Success) to gain a deeper understanding of the market, our customers, and our competitors—influencing our marketing initiatives and product direction.
- Collaborate with PR/AR teams to drive brand awareness and leverage analyst insights and channels.
- Develop and manage resources to position, sell, and renew our solutions, in close partnership with our Sales, Customer Success, and Enablement teams.
We’re Excited About You Because You Have
- 12-15 years of B2B marketing experience in the SaaS space - driving product marketing strategies that include messaging, enablement, pricing & packaging, market insights, and launches
- 7-10 years of team management experience, with an ability to pivot between strategy, team brainstorming, and hands on execution
- Understanding of portfolio marketing, with experience creating messaging and GTM strategies for multiple audiences, products and solutionsEd Tech industry experience preferred.
- If you’ve marketed to a variety of audiences, verticals, and buyers, we’d still like to talk to you!Skilled in influencing stakeholders, driving alignment across functions, and building/managing a high performance team.
- Experience working with B2B SaaS sales and CS teams, and have a deep understanding of buyers, influencers, and decision makers, including the complete sales and renewal cycle for large and small companies.
- Metrics focused, with knowledge of how to measure and evaluate metrics for pre and post product launch, and define and measure metrics to measure impact of the Product Marketing team.
- You love working in a fast-paced, high-performance environment, managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- The ability to take initiative, lead by example and achieve consistent results.
- Comfortable working with a distributed team across functions and geographies.
- Global experience is preferred, with an understanding of how to customize messaging and strategies for local market needs
- Eligibility: Regular, full-time employees are eligible for Udemy’s benefit programs.
- Health Plans: Medical, dental, and vision coverage (100% coverage for employee-only).
- HSA/FSA/Commuter: Pre-tax savings/spending plans available; generous HSA employer contributions for those enrolled in the HDHP medical plan.
- Life/Disability: Employer-paid life insurance (supplemental available), in addition to short-term and long-term disability.
- Retirement: Access to 401(k) with annual employer contribution.
- Wellbeing: Corporate memberships for meditation and mindfulness, therapy and coaching, financial planning, primary care, tele-health, health advocacy, parent/newborn support, and employee discounts.
- Education: Free access to the entire course library on the Udemy and Udemy for Business platforms; annual stipend for external learning beginning at six months of employment.
- Charitable Matching Program: Employer match of monetary contributions to eligible nonprofits and charities that carry a 501(c)(3) tax status.
- Vacation: 15 days per year of Paid Time Off for hourly; flexible Discretionary Time Off for salaried.
- Parental Leave: 8 weeks of leave at 100% pay for parents who take time off from work following the date of birth, adoption, or foster placement beginning at six months of employment; this amount is in addition to pregnancy-disability benefits at 100% pay, if applicable.
- Holidays: 10 paid holidays throughout the year; during COVID-19, Udemy also provides roughly one “Wellness Day” per month while working from home.
Vaccine Mandate (US Only)
Udemy is committed to keeping its employees, clients, and communities safe. Accordingly, we require all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if their work requires them to come into a Udemy office or come into close contact with others. If you are unable to get vaccinated due to a medical condition, disability, or a sincerely-held religious belief, we will consider requests for accommodation.
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, millions of students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is publicly traded and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News