Senior Software Engineer - Immersive Learning
Udemy, Istanbul, Turkey
See jobs at Udemy
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Designing, developing, testing and releasing features for Udemy’s user-facing products
- Working on Full-Stack development in Python, Django, Kotlin, React and more!
- Collaborating with Udemy’s mission-driven engineers and architects around the globe
- Collaborating with product managers, designers by working within agile sprints
- Participating in code reviews, design discussions and developing solutions that scale
- Coaching and mentoring junior engineers to become proficient developers
- Utilizing new technologies that improve performance, maintainability and elegance
- And last but least, contributing to a team culture that values openness, always learning, sharing experience and knowledge and fostering innovation
We're excited about you because you have:
- A passion for education
- 7+ years of experience as a full-stack software engineer
- Demonstrated excellence in back-end and front-end web application development using modern libraries/frameworks
- Experience with software design patterns and computer science fundamentals (e.g. data structures, algorithms)
- Experience with Python, Kotlin or any other modern object oriented programming languages (e.g. Java)
- Experience with Web Frameworks and ORMs (e.g. Django)
- Experience with Relational Databases (e.g. MySQL) including development of complex SQL queries
- Experience with NoSQL and text-indexing infrastructure like Redis, Elasticsearch
- Experience with real-time messaging like Kafka, RabbitMQ, gRPC
- Experience with microservice architecture
- Appreciation of testing methods, including unit, integration, and synthetic tests
- Ability to learn and work with existing code bases, up and down the software stack
- Enthusiasm to "go the extra mile" when needed
- Experience working on enterprise-level websites at a global scale
- Contribution to open source projects
- Public speaking or technical blog skills
- Understanding of distributed system and messaging concepts
Enriching lives Udemy is a global marketplace for learning and teaching online where students are mastering new skills and achieving their goals by learning from an extensive library of over 55,000 courses taught by expert instructors.
Want to learn more about Udemy? Visit Udemy's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.