Student Recruitment Coordinator (Immediate Start)
Uncommon Schools, Camden NJ, US
See jobs at Uncommon Schools
Camden Prep is a college-preparatory public renaissance school in Camden, NJ. Camden Prep operates four school serving over 900 kindergarten – 9th grade students. Each year, Camden Prep launches a large student recruitment campaign to fill its seats for the upcoming year. Camden Prep’s goal is to ensure local families and community partners are aware of Camden Prep as a high quality school option for their children.
Camden Prep is currently hiring a part-time Student Recruitment Coordinator to assist our team with student recruitment. We are looking for an individual that is eager to meet new people, establish partnerships in our community, and loves talking about our school. Specifically, the Student Recruitment Coordinator will work out of our school site, and within the larger Camden community (average of 20-25 hours/week) including evenings and Saturdays.
- Conduct outreach to interested families and organizations via phone, email and in-person
- Participate in a range of activities including door to door canvassing, phone call campaigns, recruitment events, and home visits to interested families
- Develop relationships with key community partners including early childhood centers, pre-school programs, and community-based organizations serving students in the city of Camden with an eye to recruiting new families
- Update and enter data and information from interested families
- Flyer and canvass the community
- Participate in evening and weekend meetings and events as needed
- Assist with other recruitment duties as needed
- Outgoing, personable, and friendly
- Strong command of customer service skills and willing to go the extra mile
- Strong written and phone/verbal communication skills along with active listening
- High level of attention to detail
- Must have access to a personal vehicle to travel to our schools and community events
- Must be fluent in speaking and writing English and Spanish
- Prior call center or sales experience a plus, but not required
$12/hour. This position is not eligible for benefits
Uncommon believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization that enables our students and staff to thrive. We are committed to building a talented team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students. At the same time, we work to ensure an inclusive community through creating a space for important dialogue about issues of race and identity for our staff and students.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
About Uncommon Schools
Uncommon Schools starts and manages outstanding urban charter public schools that close the achievement gap and prepare low-income students to graduate from college At Uncommon Schools, our classrooms are named after colleges because that’s where our students are headed. We are a nonprofit network of public charter schools in New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts. Our 53 college-prep schools consistently rank among the highest-performing in their home states for three reasons:
We know all students have what it takes to go to college. We are fiercely committed to cultivating the intellectual curiosity and grit that will spur their success in the classroom and in their communities. We create and constantly fine-tune our systems to help teachers teach and students learn. We know that without great teachers and leaders, nothing else matters. We also know there’s no limit to learning. That’s why people development is at our core.
Want to learn more about Uncommon Schools? Visit Uncommon Schools's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.